View Thread

Atheists Today » The Real World » Evolution
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ray Comfort unaware of human eye blind spot
Doubting Thomas
https://www.blogg...5978448425

Apparently Ray "Bananaman" Comfort was totally unaware that the human eye has a blind spot. From his blog, in response to "If not, how do you explain things like the blind spot in the human eye?

Letís address your issues. I donít have a blind spot in my eye. Both of them see very well and I am thankful for the 137million light sensitive cells that make sight possible. Do you have a blind spot in your eye? If you do, I suggest that you see an optician and see if he can either fix it, or get you another eye.

We were discussing this on FSTDT.com and are having a pretty good time with it, mainly the question of how anyone is supposed to take him seriously when he fails basic biology? That, and since he claims to not have a blind spot in his eyes he must be a cephalopod, since squids and octopi have no blind spots in their eyes.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Hypatia
People who listen to and believe him are probably just as uninformed - to them, all they 'know' or care about is that gawd made them. Frown Details are too much to bother with, if it isn't spelled out in their babble.

derF
Take no Comfort from anything Ray says. (Fred bows his head in shame as he is booed off the stage.)
Edited by derF on 12/03/2009 23:07
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Doubting Thomas
I guess that's what homeschooling gets you. But I learned about the blind spot probably in 3rd or 4th grade. And I understood why we have a blind spot, too.

But I guess the other funny part of this is not only does Bananaman not seem to be aware of the blind spot, but he apparently thinks that an optician (more properly an opthamologist) can just put a new set of eyes in your head, if his statement of "get you another eye" is any indication. Ironically, he suggests that someone see an eye doctor to fix the problem that his supposedly perfect god made everybody be born with.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
It's almost not worth the trouble to criticize the asinine statements of Bananaman...like shooting fish in a barrel.

derF: Not bad!

Sinny
Doubting Thomas wrote:
I guess that's what homeschooling gets you. But I learned about the blind spot probably in 3rd or 4th grade. And I understood why we have a blind spot, too.

But I guess the other funny part of this is not only does Bananaman not seem to be aware of the blind spot, but he apparently thinks that an optician (more properly an opthamologist) can just put a new set of eyes in your head, if his statement of "get you another eye" is any indication. Ironically, he suggests that someone see an eye doctor to fix the problem that his supposedly perfect god made everybody be born with.

I don't recall being taught about a blind spot in the human in School but did l learn about it later when I developed an eye condition and questioned my eye Doctor. I do recall wanting to the the eye for my project but lost out on that so I ended up getting the lung project. I look back now remember making it and I swear its just so cute when kids make a project for School and learn about it. DT you are going to enjoy do that with your someday soon Smile

Bold: "get you another eye" Yeah I made a face a that too. I personally would have ball busted him and said something like "what! you don't think I should pray to god for healing?, Hmm interesting."

Jump to Forum: