View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I think I found...
cheshiredragon
SolidSquid Grin lately I have become extremely good at finding people online and I found him. Just sent him an email. I think since the fall of atheists.com he has been looking for a new place to call an atheist home and has been to many places and even started a site of his own. Amazing how the fall of one site spawned several more...

I just hope he still checks that email address.

BtW, are there any other folks that we lost from the fall of atheists.com?
That's right, I said it...

seeker
Solidsquid has been to this site before.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Hypatia
seeker wrote:

Solidsquid has been to this site before.

Right, I think he has been too. I think it's been a long time since he's visited here and given us an update on what he's been up to and writing, etc. It seems he's always stayed pretty busy and involved in lots of projects, and it's always nice when he's had a chance to come by and post something.

cheshiredragon
dang, I had completely forgot that he was here, but now that you bring it up I think I remember him here just when the site was a few days old :/ oh well, would be nice for some to come back and be regulars again.

catman
There were quite a few interesting folks on the old site who I wouldn't mind seeing here.

Yes, I recall seeing Squid post here, but it's been a long time. I wonder whether or not he is still working on playing guitar.

Theory_Execution
I miss Neilmarr, I know there was a falling out at some point while I was away for a few weeks, but I think everyone involved should have gotten past it. (yet I have no idea what was said either way).

Skeeve
I'm FB friends with Neil, he's still online and kicking with his eBook publishing. I'll drop him a note later asking him to stop in and say hi.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
I have him on facebook, he didn't reply to my request for his return - I think he forgot the connection between the official me (real name) and T_E (the real me without a face).

catman
I really like neilmarr. I communicate with him occasionally. He had a falling-out with another member of the old site who called himself 'willie'.

Photon
Neil's having a few health issues currently, and he keeps himself very busy with the editing and running the e-publishing business of which he is a part. I'd be surprised to see him back here just based on that, though he's as irascible as ever! Hmm, maybe that adjective isn't quite right. More stalwart and indefatigable.

Theory_Execution
I have ended up with one of his clients as a 'friend' over there. We both commented on some thing or other, and she carried herself very well, pointing out that she finds the website to be a very good marketing tool - so I let her 'advertise' to the people I know.

cheshiredragon
Well, WTF?! Anyone want to add me to FB you are welcome too. facebook.com/richardintexas

Hypatia
There are lots of people who haven't been around in a while, or even since AT that I'd really like to see post here again. Though I'm hard pressed to think of names right now I do occasionally remember a lot of people - HRP and Adrienne being two of them, and Neil Marr and Willie are also two I'd love to see here again.

I hope Neil's health problems resolve soon.

cheshiredragon
Likewise. There are also other regulars that I never care to see again.

I also remember one dattaswammi<sp?> when I was looking for SS a few days ago, I ran across a few of datta's posts on some other sites and they were all those wonderful cut and pastes that he so loved to do.

catman
dattiswami...what a jerk.

I don't think neilmarr and willie will ever be found on the same site again. At least, only momentarily. They did not get along.

Yes, I liked Adrienne, Steel_Curtain and TurtleLady from the old site, among others.

Jump to Forum: