View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hey, we're still here.
Skeeve
I see my recent mass message made it to at least a dozen members that logged in to check it.

If only they would have stuck around and posted something...
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
Something
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
Silly, you post every day. Wink

I was referring to those we haven't seen in awhile responding to the message.

IntractableAtheist
Hey guys! I see many of you old-timers are still kickin' it around here... I forgot this "new" site existed and I'm pleased you sent out the reminder Skeeve. Good to see catman, seeker, skeeve and other familiar names are still here! I'll look forward to getting caught-up with everyone.

I'm appalled at the state of politics in this country (the Republicans of course) so I'll have plenty to rant about!

Skeeve
Hey IA! Good to see you and look forward to your posts.

seeker
IA - Wow, its really been a while.

Republicans are easy targets these days.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

IntractableAtheist
Yes, it really has been awhile! It will be good to chat with you guys again - the country has taken a hard-right-turn and it's rougher than ever being an atheist! Ok, so it was worse being an atheist in the 12th century I'm sure, but you get the point.

Thanks to shit-bags like Santorum we are re-fighting cultural battles "settled" 50 years ago. Don't get me started! Shock

Max
Still around, and I usually check in every day or two. I watched the whole Kowboy incident unfold with great amusement, but couldn't really think what to post.

Skeeve
Test out the Chat while y'all are here.

catman
IntractableAtheist: Welcome back! Yes, Ollie, we're in a fine mess regarding politics. Rick Sanitarium is frightful.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

seeker
IntractableAtheist wrote:

Yes, it really has been awhile! It will be good to chat with you guys again - the country has taken a hard-right-turn and it's rougher than ever being an atheist! Ok, so it was worse being an atheist in the 12th century I'm sure, but you get the point.

Thanks to shit-bags like Santorum we are re-fighting cultural battles "settled" 50 years ago. Don't get me started! Shock

With any luck that strategy will backfire on Republicans this time. You can't just try to take something as fundamental as birth control away without pissing off a lot of people.

Hypatia
seeker wrote:

Something

Anything.

Anything at all.

Wink

Hi guys. Wave Right now I'm keeping tabs on what's going on here even when I don't log in. I'll be able to be around more when I get my computer woes worked out. But it's been quite apparent there isn't nearly enough trouble going on around here. Smile

Hope everyone is well and getting some warm weather, wherever you may be.

catman
Too warm. The low temperature two nights ago was 67 F, a record high minimum for the date. I hope this isn't an indication of how dreadful summer will be.

Glad you're still velcroing around!
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

IntractableAtheist
Hey Catman, good to hear from you!

seeker wrote:

With any luck that strategy will backfire on Republicans this time. You can't just try to take something as fundamental as birth control away without pissing off a lot of people.

I certainly hope so Seeker! If not I may have to actually consider moving to a civilized country in Europe... I don't want to live under the rule of the American Taliban!

seeker
Unfortunately the US tends to export its brand of crazy.

Hypatia
catman wrote:

Too warm. The low temperature two nights ago was 67 F, a record high minimum for the date. I hope this isn't an indication of how dreadful summer will be.

Glad you're still velcroing around!

Tanks Cat, ;-). We've had several nights with the bedroom hot and stuffy and have already been needing to use the fan. This will be my first summer living in a humid climate but at least I had the fall and winter to kind of begin getting used to it. Humidity hasn't been a problem yet but with the rains we've been having it isn't far behind.

Maybe this is the time to come up with some creative ways to stay cool? A spray bottle of water and a fan? ;-) Keep cool, Cat.

schmoo
I posted something! I did! I'd forgotten the damn name of the site, of all things!

I will try to check in more often.

Seeker, the US does export the crazy but many places are seemingly immune to it. Many countries dislike us so much they refuse to play along just as a matter of principle.hmm

schmoo
Hypatia it has been unseasonably warm here as well-we've been in the upper 70's nearly every day for two weeks now, and normally it's still snowing at this time of year.

seeker
schmoo wrote:

I posted something! I did! I'd forgotten the damn name of the site, of all things!

I will try to check in more often.

Seeker, the US does export the crazy but many places are seemingly immune to it. Many countries dislike us so much they refuse to play along just as a matter of principle.hmm

True but a lot of the economic problems Europe is having occurred because European leaders adopted Reagan's free market BS and started cutting taxes.

Hypatia
schmoo wrote:

Hypatia it has been unseasonably warm here as well-we've been in the upper 70's nearly every day for two weeks now, and normally it's still snowing at this time of year.

Hi ya Schmoo, it's great to see you posting here (and nice to have another female presence too (no doubt the fellas will agree ;-) ).

As predicted humidity has followed the recent rains, and the proof is in my fuzzy hair. But at least it makes my skin happy. ;-)

Recently I finally, finally made your recipe for the bread/roll/bun dough and made a loaf of bread from it. It was totally easy to do and makes really good bread. The last little leftover bit made excellent fresh bread crumbs after I pulsed them through the food processor and now we're looking forward to having cloverleaf rolls from the next batch.

Well hay, hope you'll get to be around the site more!! Take care!

Jump to Forum: