View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Color photos from Mars (High Res)
Skeeve
I saw a tweet from NonStampCollector earlier:

atheiststoday.com/images/nonstampcollector.jpg

So I scrolled back and saw his previous tweet with a link, http://t.co/TaVb95zz , and saw this:

[img]http://images.smh.com.au/2012/08/28/3590086/rw-Mars-lead-20120828152614171561-620x349.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Amazing.

More photos at the link.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Skeeve

Forum Admin Notice:
Some posts moved to here

Cynic
That scene needs a Pizza Hu... I mean, cool picture! Smile

I can hear the conspiracy theorists now, talking about how it looks so much like Earth that it must therefore be Earth and thus is all a scam to hide money actually used to install the transceivers in the backs of our necks and pay for the crack distribution program or whatever.

So anyway, that is a good picture. Even though I've known for some time that it wasn't as if the sky were red or something, I'm always surprised to see blue skies and all. It actually looks like it might be warm in the picture, though of course it isn't. Too bad terraforming is probably impossible.

Skeeve
Not yet at least. Not in our lifetimes either, probably.

But it would be so cool to see a Mars Colony before I die.

After all the SciFi I've read, to see an actual clear picture of Mars is just. fucking. WOW.

Theory_Execution
Terraforming impossible? All you really need is for Quaid... Quaid... to start the reactor.

seeker
Terra-forming Mars will be easy. The hard part is convincing Christians that Mars is really the promised land.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

cheshiredragon
Would you really want Christians there? FUCK THEM! I will write checks directly to NASA for the exact project they are working on!
That's right, I said it...

seeker
If it gets them to go away from here? Yup
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: