Theory_Execution
Needs a Starbucks.

Cynic
Theory_Execution wrote:

Needs a Starbucks.

It's only a matter of time...

Are there Starbucks in the UK?

Theory_Execution
There are. Yet I dont venture into coffee shops in general.

On another note, the high street of the borough of the city I grew up in no longer has a Mac Donalds, must be one of a kind, because it was closed down as they were selling crack in the toilets.

We now have Papa Johns Pizzas too, which make a really good pizza (Dominos and Pizza Hut were the main chains) but I have stopped going once I found out they pour money into ringnuts running for election in the US.

seeker
Yeah, they were a fav of mine until I found that out. Now I avoid Papa Johns.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
High resolution photographs from another freaking planet we're talking pizza?

lol, ADD is strong on this site. Rofl
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
I have lost my sense of wow.

Cynic
Papa Johns in good pizza but they've lost all perspective on price (in addition to good political sense). We had one move in practically right next to a Dominoes and try to sell their pizzas at three times the price of them, and at twice the price of the Pizza Hut up the road.

Needless to say, once the initial fascination/coupons ran out, they folded up quick. Because of this, I was suspicious of their reasoning ability even before I heard about their dabbling in right-wing nuttery.

Theory_Execution
As I live in a student area they couldn't get away with that, so they did the coupon booklets making them half the price of the Dominos next door.

However, pizzas in general from the three chains I mentioned are extortionately priced for what essentially is a half made sandwich.

It is around 14 for a 9 inch pizza I think, but it has been a while. Now contrast that to my favourite take out food, Chinese which for a portion (a rectangular dish, can serve two people) of Young Chow supplemented by a serving of soft noodles is around 7.

Skeeve

Forum Admin Notice:
Posts moved from here

"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Cynic
Theory_Execution wrote:
It is around 14 for a 9 inch pizza I think, but it has been a while. Now contrast that to my favourite take out food, Chinese which for a portion (a rectangular dish, can serve two people) of Young Chow supplemented by a serving of soft noodles is around 7.

If exchange rates today are comparable to then, that's like $23 for what we could consider a small pizza. That's ridiculous. Dominoes routinely offers 10-12in pizzas for $5-6. But I'd go for the Chinese just because I like it better. Smile

cheshiredragon
I find that ADD comment offensive...

WOW! 14 for a 9in?! That is ridiculous price for a Pizza! The other day I bought from Pizza Hut and I got a Pepperoni P'Zone, a 9in Pepperoni, Sausage and extra cheese, 5 bread sticks and a 2L Mtn Dew for 25$. That was with a 2.50$ delivery charge and 5$(CASH) to the driver for delivering since they don't give ANY of the 2.50$ to the driver. It is just something that was added about 10yrs ago to make a cheap buck. I am old enough to know when there wasn't that damn BS delivery charge. ARG, aging...BOLLOCKS!!!

I haven't had Chinese since....hmmmm, before rehab? NO, no for my ex's bday dinner we had sushi and then again for her graduation dinner. It was actually a Hibachi and went to a place just down the street that had an excellent review, BUT the guy SUCKED! My son had to ask him to do the volcano and train. DEFINITELY not a show man. If I had wanted to watch him cook we could have just gone to the kitchen.
I should get some sushi tomorrow night. Some Yellow Fin Tuna and maybe some Salmon mmmmmmmm
Edited by cheshiredragon on 08/29/2012 22:29
That's right, I said it...

Theory_Execution
I see the debate regarding Sushi being Japanese or Chinese rages.

I am not a big Sushi fan, I like my take outs to be cooked.

As for the actual Papa Johns prices, I did some reading - we will go with typical pizzas.

Basic Cheese and Tom - 7.99 small, 9.99 medium, 10.99 large and 12.49 extra large.

Hawaiian - 9.99 small, 11.99 medium, 14.99 large, 16.49 extra large.

A stuffed crust adds 2.50. The more involved pizzas with multiple toppings push the extra large price up to just shy of 19, with no stuffed crust.

They dont explain the what the size of the pizza is in inches.
Edited by Theory_Execution on 08/30/2012 08:11

Jump to Forum: