View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » U.S. Politics
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Here's a disturbing Poll
seeker
Came across this today. No wonder our country is so screwed up...

http://www.huffin...66476.html
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
Disturbing, but not surprising.

You have to give credit to the authors that the Constitution has held back the theocracy for so long.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Hypatia
I'm a little surprised the percentage is as high as it is, but not that more people who believe in demonic possession would be republican. Not too surprised that many who believe in demonic possession would also be the nay-sayers of climate change and global warming, because of course the current state of natural catastrophes is gawd expressing his anger about gays in our society and those who support them.

I have no doubt that a high percentage of those people would believe atheists are demon possessed.

seeker
This election will say a lot about how much longer that theocracy will be held back.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Theory_Execution
I was in the US for the election!

Glad to see it was Obama over Mitt, but sad that they are the best America can offer for such a big country.

What I would like to see is America removing support for Israel.

I managed to avoid discussions about religion while I was over there, but I do not doubt from the signage and number of churches that many people believe the bible about possession. It is possibly the only book a lot of americans own.

seeker
You are lucky you avoided talking about religion and/or politics. In that part of the US you would not have been well received.

Theory_Execution
I spoke about politics a little, with one of the porters from the hotel. She was underemployed so took the porter job in her spare time.

Her chosen career was a science teacher, and when asked she favoured Physics, so I pointed out I was a Physics graduate and glad to see that there were still people fighting the good fight.

A teacher of that profession should be on a great wage.

Jump to Forum: