View Thread

Atheists Today » Religion » Mormonism
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Internet creating doubt
Skeeve
Interesting article in the New York Times

But when he discovered credible evidence that the church’s founder, Joseph Smith, was a polygamist and that the Book of Mormon and other scriptures were rife with historical anomalies, Mr. Mattsson said he felt that the foundation on which he had built his life began to crumble.

Full NYT article

Pretty soon the United States may only be able to boast about having one made-up religion. *fingers crossed*
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:

Interesting article in the New York Times

But when he discovered credible evidence that the church’s founder, Joseph Smith, was a polygamist and that the Book of Mormon and other scriptures were rife with historical anomalies, Mr. Mattsson said he felt that the foundation on which he had built his life began to crumble.

Full NYT article

Pretty soon the United States may only be able to boast about having one made-up religion. *fingers crossed*

It's a lot like when people stop reading only the pretty parts of the Bible and allow themselves to go to - take themselves to the not so pretty parts, that they can see the bigger picture.

Of course it should go without saying that there is a tremendous amount of useless, even harmful, 'information' on the Internet. But how wonderful that we can also find information online that can play such a major role in such major life issues. Now if only more people will venture into looking at the parts of the picture they haven't wanted to have to look at or acknowledge, and I do think more and more people are wanting to do that - for the integrity of their own lives.

Jump to Forum: