View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
We got mail!
Skeeve
This was sent to one of our email accounts:

To whom it may concern: How can you explain the amazing super complexity of human beings? The average human body has between 75 to 100 trillion cells. If no God, how could trillions of cells, which have no brain, collect themselves together, and then change into all the amazingly different and highly specialized cells of the human body? The human eye, for example, is as complex as a high-tech movie camera. And it is much smaller. And there are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body~!

How could simple cells over time change into such fantastic complexity~!?

Also it takes a man and woman to make a baby. Therefore a male and female body would have had to evolve at exactly the same time~! And a hermaphroditic human being (animal) still poses the same problem. The male and female parts would have had to evolve at exactly the same time~!

So please let me your hear your explanation of those 2 things.

Sincerely, Robert G.

Looks like he's got us. I'm going to start checking out local churches to join this weekend.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
Yawn. Can they really not think of any new arguments? Any basic understanding of evolution debunks this. Maybe in another thousand years or so Christians will evolve who can actually read the thousand year old arguments that debunk the thousand year arguments they apparently have never read about.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Hypatia
To whom it may concern: How can you explain the amazing super complexity of human beings? The average human body has between 75 to 100 trillion cells. If no God, how could trillions of cells, which have no brain, collect themselves together, and then change into all the amazingly different and highly specialized cells of the human body? The human eye, for example, is as complex as a high-tech movie camera. And it is much smaller. And there are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body~!

How could simple cells over time change into such fantastic complexity~!?

Also it takes a man and woman to make a baby. Therefore a male and female body would have had to evolve at exactly the same time~! And a hermaphroditic human being (animal) still poses the same problem. The male and female parts would have had to evolve at exactly the same time~!

So please let me your hear your explanation of those 2 things.

Sincerely, Robert G.

*gasp!* WHY, oh why, didn't anyone tell us this before??

Oh, wait...

*snicker*

Jump to Forum: