View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Could this be a backfire?
Hypatia
When the SCOTUS recently ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby that requiring family owned corporations to pay for certain forms of contraception for their employees under the Affordable Care Act to be a violation of the religious freedoms of employers who wish to refuse to pay for such coverage, based on their religious views, anyone who was thinking and a person of any level of reason instantly saw the possibility of the floodgates opening for employers of all kinds of religious beliefs using the ruling to refuse to cover a host of health care coverage for their employees based solely on the employers beliefs.

But I'm betting they (SCOTUS) didn't see this one coming, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it's going to play out. Hoo boy! Break out the popcorn.

http://www.rawsto...tion-laws/

In a statement, the Satanic Temple said that it will use the Supreme Courtís recent Hobby Lobby decision to exempt its believers from state-mandated informed consent laws that require women considering abortions to read pro-life material.

Skeeve
More power to the Satanists. Pastafarians need to step up too. Smile
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
I was wondering when something like this might happen. We will get to see just what religion is protected.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: