View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Lard Protect Us From the Militant Atheists
Hypatia
Have you heard about the foundation whose goal it is to "raise awareness of militant atheism and atheist atrocities around the world and to stand for religious freedom on a global scale"?

They have a FB page and a website and they call themselves the Freedom From Atheism Foundation. The 'about' on their FB page states
The FFAF is an interfaith group where victims of militant atheism are free to share their experience without fear of harassment.

Oh my goodness! Those poor, poor victimized Xtians! On their website they define 'militant atheists' as atheists that are hostile towards religion and further explain that militant atheists differ from moderate atheists because they hold religion to be harmful. It seems they view 'New Atheism' as
a modern militant atheist movement which promotes the ideological position that religion should not simply be tolerated but should be countered, criticized and exposed.

Obviously this is nothing more than the perpetuation of Xtians to fail to realize that 1. there isn't a 'New Atheist' movement and 2. that even most moderate atheists believe religion is harmful and that it should be countered, is not above criticism and should be exposed as such. So it's nothing more than the never ending circular argument that if atheists are out and speak against belief in god/s and religions they must therefore be 'militant'.

The views and arguments never change, only the attempts to present them differently do.

I will give them this much: we know that atheists are just like everyone else, except that we don't believe in any gods. There are atheists who, just like some believers, choose not to be good people, do not exercise good judgement and choose to be mean and ignorant. Some of those atheists do things regarding their stance on religion that most of us find ridiculous if not repugnant and atrocious. But that is not the norm of non-theists, including those who hold that religion is not above criticism, that religion should be called out for being unnecessary and harmful and should indeed be countered. This group is just more 'if you talk about being an atheist and call out religion you're persecuting us and you're militant!' whining. Poor babies.

http://www.ffafin...

https://www.faceb...ernational

Skeeve
skeptic.skepticgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/unholy_trinity3.jpg
(image from An Unquiet Mind)

About says it all..
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
Calling Atheists militant is an excuse to militarize
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: