View Thread

Atheists Today » The Real World » Evolution
 Print Thread
Only in Texas
Doubting Thomas
[url]http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Bill_in_Texas_would_allow_creationists_0321.html[/url]

A Texas lawmaker is trying to push through a law allowing creationist groups to bestow Masters of Science degrees.

I guess accreditation doesn't matter to creationists, so to anybody who's interested I'll offer my own Masters of Science degree for only $40,000. You'll get a nice-looking diploma straight off my inkjet printer with which you'll be able to claim with a straight face that the earth is only 6,000 years old, Adam & Eve walked with dinosaurs, and that unicorns don't exist today because they missed the ride on the ark.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Hypatia
Outrageous. Soon we may have to start asking ''Where did you purchase your degree?' rather than 'Where did you earn your degree?'. A false curriculum does not a curriculum make - no matter where the money comes from.

Doubting Thomas
Well didn't Dr. Dino, aka Kent Hovind, purchase his PhD from some creationist group? I bet it looks very nice on the wall of his jail cell while his cell mate Bubba anally rapes him every night.

Sinny
Doubting Thomas wrote:
Well didn't Dr. Dino, aka Kent Hovind, purchase his PhD from some creationist group? I bet it looks very nice on the wall of his jail cell while his cell mate Bubba anally rapes him every night.

:lol: not that I like the idea of anyone getting anal raped but damn that's funny.

All Schools private, secular, religious or whatever should have to be regulated. I don't see how or why it should make a difference if they accept gov't funds there still should be guidelines, regulations that must be met. We can't very well have any idiot claiming to be educated when they aren't. What's next people claiming to be Doctors, Surgeons by passing online courses? I would never hire anyone who goes to a private School that wasn't regulated. Seems tthis Country is turning into another 3rd world uneducated Country.

Doubting Thomas
Sorry, I guess I'm just in one of those moods.

I agree with the dumbing down part, the religionists (mainly Christians) don't want anyone to be educated, and in fact see education as a bunch of evil, atheistic, liberal goons trying to turn everyone away from God. The only education they want people to have is religious indoctrination.

cheshiredragon
Doubting Thomas wrote:

You remember why he was busted right? Something like 60 federal counts, tax offenses, obstructing federal agents and structuring cash transactions. I though he was busted for buying dope from a gay male prostitute he was having an affair with..err was that Ted Haggard?
That's right, I said it...

RayvenAlandria
Well, on the upside we could create our own fake university and give ourselves degrees in religion so we can toss out our *credentials* as we debate the fundies.Grin

cheshiredragon
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Well, on the upside we could create our own fake university and give ourselves degrees in religion so we can toss out our *credentials* as we debate the fundies.Grin

BUT, BUT I already have one!!!!

[IMG]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/cheshiredragon/PHDdegree.jpg[/IMG]

OK, OK if you want one I'll make one for you Pfft

catman
CD: That is very kewl! I'm envious.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

cheshiredragon
I seriously think I am going to print this out on the laser printer at work and frame it and put it in the background on my videos but, never mention it or talk about it hehe

General-Pryce
Dt. That sounds like an amazing offer. And so reasonable in these financially secure times. Who do I make my cheque out to? Grin

catman
Yeah, me too! I like it! I want one with my name on it!Grin
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Doubting Thomas
You can get your Masters of Science degree from me but your thesis has to be about the literal truth & inerrancy of the bible and how it relates to modern science, typed with a straight face. Just mail it and the 40 grand to me and I and the board of trustees will look it over to see if you are worthy of the masters degree. Of course, an extra $20 grand will expedite the process.

Jump to Forum: