View Thread

Atheists Today » The Real World » Pseudo-Science
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
physicist and astronomer Nielson theorizes
derF
derF wrote:
The universe is made up of mostly dark matter. A matter of fact. Hardly anyone disputes it. They arenít sure what it is but they know itís there. Its effects are detectable and weighable. Dark matter is blackhole material. it is so dense and itís gravitational fields so strong that nothing can escape it. Making it, invisible, black or dark matter. As many space vehicles do, many bodies in the universe get pulled towards those black holes but at such oblique angles that they are merely accelerated and sent hurtling in another direction at an even higher speed. Hence the observation that the universe is expanding. Eventually enough of this dark matter will accumulate in such great quantitiy that it reaches a critical mass and literally implodes. Since it has no where to go inwardly it expands into a new dimension in a new time to create a new universe which will begin the process anew. No magical god creator fellow required.

Thatís my theory and it doesnít require any special manipulator (AKA God) to make it happen. Discussing religion and creation becomes pointless and unproductive.

Edited to point out that I have no evidence to back this theory it just seems like something that is quite feasible and possible to me.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
It's possible, I suppose. The statement that 'dark matter is blackhole material' is quite speculative. More speculation follows. But it's all quite possibe, but beyond our capacity to prove or disprove as far as I know.

Theory_Execution
Im not really liking dark matter as a black hole sort of a thing. We say it is dark because it does not interact with photons, and matter because it causes excess gravity to what is deduced from the electromagnetic spectrum of a galaxy. Beyond that we are all lost.

Skeeve
Speaking of attracting photons...

Anyone seen or heard from Photon? He hasn't posted since Aug 2008.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
To expand, the reason we know dark matter exists is because it does not trap all light passing through it, it doesnt act as black hole material.

It can take a while, and for first calculations its best to go simple. Pick the most abundant element in the universe and then study its emission spectrum, using this and other information, such as stellar evolution, you can determine how much mass the emitter has.

What happened was as the calculations got better, and rotation and wobble and all that jazz was used from what mass the light denoted you would think the smaller planitary bodies would fly off, but they dont. So the systematic error became known as dark matter.

Jump to Forum: