View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Hypatia
From us to all of you

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/FallingLeaf.gif i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/TGLeaves.gif i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/Punkin.gifi97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/FallingLeaf.gif

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/FallingLeaf.gif i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/PumpkinCat.gif i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/cdg-mousepumpkin.gif i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/NotATurkey.jpg i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/FallingLeaf.gif

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/LoveTurkey.gif
i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/TrailerPumpkins.gif

catman
Nice, Hypatia! Right back at ya.
Edited by catman on 11/25/2009 21:13

Bob of QF
Happy Eat All You Can Day, Everybody!

Smile
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
I've been ill since Monday and am spending Thanksgiving by myself, in order not to share my viri with my 89-year-old mother & family.

I'll have a turkey pot pie.

comfortable
Thanks for the good wishes...

Glad no one here is arrogant enough to give thanks to an invisible monster for our bounty, whilst so many of 'his' other children are starving, in pain, and have little hope for their future.

For me the 4-day weekend will be filled with kids and grandkids (and finishing the tile in my shower).

Cheers

P.S. Lots of hot chicken soup with a little chicken meat in it, poured over a bit of rice, chopped green onions, with some garlic salt always makes me feel better, Catman. (Heavy on the liquid parts, light on the solid parts.)
Edited by comfortable on 11/26/2009 15:48
The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.
Men are sheep in credulity, but wolves for conformity.

Hypatia
catman wrote:
I've been ill since Monday and am spending Thanksgiving by myself, in order not to share my viri with my 89-year-old mother & family.

That's lousy Cat - sorry to hear it. Hope you'll be better soon, and, moms being moms, hopefully yours will save you some leftovers.

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/tauruss.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

Bob of QF
catman wrote:

Sux, man....

As said, lots and lots of liquids....
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

derF
Aww, crap. There goes my strict diet regimen right out the freakin window.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
Thanks, Hypatia, Bob of QF and comfortable. I'll get over it eventually. I'm feeling much better than I did Monday and Tuesday.

Cynic
Thanks and the same to all of you (even if it's a bit late!).

Hypatia
We had such a great day yesterday - done at home all day, just us and the furry kids, in our p.j.s (the kids have built in p.j.s =) ).

My hubby did the turkey - a Honeysuckle White, all white meat turkey - it was perfect. He also made the mashed potatoes, home made gravy, mixed vegetables, and dinner rolls. I made the green bean casserole. We had eggnog with brandy, and for dessert, a Dutch apple pie, and a Millionaire pie made for us by a neighbor.

After all that we watched the Paul McCartney concert at Shea Stadium on t.v., then fed a neighbor who came over and had more eggnog and brandy. Smile It was one of the best Thanksgivings we've had.

Tonight we're going to another Thanksgiving dinner at a neighbors home, and I'll be making the salad. I don't mind if I say that I think it's going to be a beautiful one - baby greens, radiccio (sp?), romaine, radish, cucumber, yellow squash, carrot, little white mushrooms, grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, * slivered almonds, croutons, and to sprinkle over the top, fresh grated parmesean cheese. Most of the time I could just about make a meal out of the salad - just add some bread, or soup or sandwich.

Should be another nice, overly-stuffed evening.

Glad you're feeling better Catman. Smile

*Edited to add the slivered almonds to the list of ingredients. Very important ingredient, you know. =)
Edited by Hypatia on 11/28/2009 13:43

Doubting Thomas
We went to my wife's great aunt's for Thanksgiving and had a good time. Almost too many people packed into the house, though. I took some homemade cranberry wine and it went over well. Everyone who tried it said it was good. It also went well with the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to stay awake.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Solidsquid
I'm still cleaning up from all the cooking I did yesterday. It's amazing how quickly an entire house can get trashed after some cooking, eating and a polishing off a bottle of rum.

catman
Hey, Squid! Smile Good to see a post from you. I noticed you had been posting a bit on city-data.com as I have.

Not much cleanup after a turkey pot pie (see above). I'm still sick, but hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train coming my way.

Solidsquid
Yeah, I've been MIA for a bit - school and working full time really cut down on my ability to wander around the interwebz.

derF
Well, since the kids have all grown up and flew the coup my wife and I took public transportation to Carmel-by-the-Sea and dined in a lovely little restaurant called Merlot. We sere seated at the front at a table that overlooked Ocean Avenue (Carmel's main street) and the sidewalk below. Lots of interesting characters from all over the world visit Carmel It's entertaining just watching the parade of people that passed our window. I started out with a nice dry martini while my wife had a cosmopolitan. She opted for leg of lamb and I ordered prime rib and a local bottle of Sirah to go with the beef. My wife opted for another cosmopolitan. (Now you see why we opted for public transportation) The dinner was fantastic and the restaurant staff were superb. Afterwards we somehow managed to find our way back to the bus terminal and eventually home just in time for a nice alcohol sodden nap. All in all a delightful thanksgiving day.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Hypatia
Hey Solidsquid - nice to see some new posts from you. From reading your blog, it looks like congratulations are in order (?) - I didn't even know you're married - congratulations! And now a baby on the way? Wow - congrats again. Hope school and all is going well.

Glad everyone seems to have had a good TG. derF, yours sounds like it was a lot of fun, and good food, and no dish washing too. I like that. It's been years now since we went out for Thanksgiving dinner, but we may have to try that again soon, for a little something different. But I know my husband would still do a turkey for home since we like the left overs so much. Ah, the best of both - yeah, that's it. Looks like I may have a plan for next year now. Smile

comfortable
I stopped by SS's AC site.
It's Saturday... and I'm sleep-deprived, due to three boys, 3 daughters-in-law, and 2 noisy granddaughters running around the house.

I'm lovin' it.
The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.
Men are sheep in credulity, but wolves for conformity.

Jump to Forum: