Forum Quick View Panel

View Thread

Atheists Today » Religion » Mormonism
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
A simple history of Moronism
Skeeve
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jFZ1jVO3-OE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jFZ1jVO3-OE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

catman
That is extremely weird. It gives L. Ron Hubbard a run for it, doesn't it? Maybe I should read the Book of Mormon. It sounds like a hoot.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Skeeve
I've read it. Once.

The stuff in Israel is as fun to read as most of the jewish/christian bible. But after they murder that guy for their god and escape to America, it gets difficult to read.

The men who wrote and rewrote parts of the old and new testaments had over a 1000 years to get it the way they wanted it.

Joe Smith didn't have that luxury. So his bible is crap(ier).
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Hypatia
Ack. Just listening to that explanation of that crazy crap is almost too much. I don't know if I could stomach actually reading the Book of Moron.

catman
I don't really think I could either. After beginning it, I'd be afraid of irreversible brain damage if I kept going.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: