View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Rant Room
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Christian Parents
Adam Ajaja
We seem to be getting more and more of stories where they refuse medical aid for their kids and use prayer, or even more extremely:

Beat their kids to death
http://www.truecr...tz_rel.php

Starving kids to death for not saying "Amen"
http://www.smh.co...-ovav.html

...and yet the gays who they love to denigrate at every opportunity raise adopted children happily where they are allowed (e.g., Holland)

Doubting Thomas
That reminds me of a saying: "The beatings will continue until morale improves!"

I think I remember hearing about the second case, or at least I remember the details of them sticking the body into a suitcase and hid it in a shed. Supposedly the cult members believed that the child would come back to life if they prayed over him, and when that didn't work they decided to hide all evidence. Probably the only good thing to come out of this case is the fact the cult is now defunct.

Before when I heard stories like this I was always a bit angry at the parents wondering how they could treat their own children like that, but now that I'm a parent I really can't understand how anyone could be so crazy to put acceptance in a cult over their own child's health and welfare.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Sinny
I remember Javon and I think they should all get first degree murder. Actually they all should get the death penalty. That crap about charges being dropped when a dead boy is resurrected is nothing more than an attempt to appear crazy and not know better....she calculating and knows exactly what she's doing and attempting by making such a statement like that.

The other case is spare the rod spoil the child attitude and that bullshit needs to be banned in this Country. Actually all cults should be illegal and more strict guidelines to become a church need to be legislated as well as stricter laws of punishment. Perhaps if we followed some of their bible laws and enacted an eye for an eye to each cult member who abuses, maims, murders infants, children and teenagers. I hope they get tortured in prison by the other inmates and the guards turn the other way the sick fucks deserve to be tortured and for the first time I actually wouldn't mind approving of rape to scum like this.
Edited by Sinny on 02/26/2010 12:41

Doubting Thomas
"Actually all cults should be illegal"

First Amendment. While I don't agree with anyone's religious beliefs, I defend their right to have them. Even if they're some whacko loony cult like Scientologists, Heaven's Gate, or such. If you start making certain religions illegal, how long before atheism is considered a religion that someone wants to ban?

But I don't believe that anyone should be able to hide behind religion when their child dies because they refused to take them to a doctor, either.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
Life would be less interesting without having Scientologists to laugh at. Remeber Tom Cruise jumping up and down on the sofa on the Oprah show?

It's one thing when an adult (like my ex-MIL) dies because he/she refuses medical help until it's too late, but quite another when a child is denied it. That's murder.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: