View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Blame the victim: Religious leaflet claims ‘ungodly’ dressed women provoke rape
Skeeve
http://www2.trici...rap/42253/

“Scripture tells us that when a man looks on a woman to lust for her he has already committed adultery in his heart. If you are dressed in a way that tempts a men to do this secret (or not so secret) sin, you are a participant in the sin,” the leaflet states. “By the way, some rape victims would not have been raped if they had dressed properly. So can we really say they were innocent victims?”

Glad to see local comments condemning their actions.

Disgusting christards.

catman
Yeah, blame the victims. Appalling.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Hypatia
Attorneys have used the 'blame the victim' ploy in rape cases for probably forever and all we need is for people like the woman who gave that leaflet to this girl to be on the jury of rape trials, or 'counseling' rape victims.

As stated in the article, for all these people know some of the people they give those things to may have been rape victims.

In any event, whatever happened to not judging and minding your own business?

Theory_Execution
Not judging and minding your own business, went right out the window with the arrival of the Torah, more so with the Bible and even more so lately with the Qur'an.

Let me slip into christian mode here, 'God made us in His image, and He said in His Bible that we should not judge lest we be the ones who are judged. But we are going to be judged by God anyway, and as we are in the likeness of God, and God is the ultimate Judge, we should Judge too.'

A-thankyou a-thankyou.

Now to climb out of that sesspool: There was a study of the general public over here, reported in a few papers a week or so ago that mirrored the claims of the story above.

It found that a significant percentage (it was too long ago to remember numbers, but when I say significant I mean a disgusting amount, saddening amount) of men AND women believed the victims of rape were partly responsible.

The study also pointed out that some people believe rapist men cannot control themselves when it comes to rape.

The following day a letter from a reader was produced which mentioned how she was nearly raped by a boyfriend, who was all for it and out to get it even though she refused, until he heard that her army brother was a call away in the next room.

There is no excuse for rape, and no reason beyond the desire of the rapist. I have seen plenty of scantily clad women in my time, and have a 100% record of no rape. Nothing to be proud of I might add, I would think that should be the default - a record untouched through all life which would not normally need mentioning.

But it happens that we have people in the world who do not respect others.

catman
Theory_Execution wrote:Let me slip into christian mode here, 'God made us in His image, and He said in His Bible that we should not judge lest we be the ones who are judged. But we are going to be judged by God anyway, and as we are in the likeness of God, and God is the ultimate Judge, we should Judge too.'

A-thankyou a-thankyou.

Excellent! Grin It does seem to work that way. Frown
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Theory_Execution
Another article in the paper today sees a father stabbing his daughter to death, he has claimed to police and the mental professionals he has spoken to, that he done so because his daughter was in so much mental pain after she was raped.

There is no record of her being raped, but it is a possibility. And I see it as highly likely rape can ruin someones mental state. But as for whether this guy is telling the truth, I dont know, people are batshitcrazy.

Sinny
Bravo TE that is a very good point. On one hand they say they can judge and then on the other they say they can't `~`

I read many times where stats report that women jurors of rape victims tend to blame the rape victim because they have mindset that it could never happen to them because they don't dress the way the victim did or do what ever the victim did. I'm glad years ago they finally stopped questioning the victim about her past as if not being what they call an innocent virgin made a difference. Oh it was ok for the rapist to have sex prior to the rape/assault/violation of his victim but if she had sex before then she automatically asked for it and it shouldn't have bothered her.

As far as how she dresses to meaning she wanted it...WTF happened to not judging a book by it's cover...oh wait that only applies to the male scum who commit the rape.

Theory_Execution
I do believe you shouldn't dress in revealing clothing if you dont want people to look.

I purposely wear tshirts with confronting statements of images on. For instance my latest has someone rugby tackling the poep, in sillouette.

I wear it for the attention. Now, do I think it permits others to physically assault me, no.

Sinny
Sinny wrote:
Theory_Execution wrote:
I do believe you shouldn't dress in revealing clothing if you dont want people to look.

I purposely wear tshirts with confronting statements of images on. For instance my latest has someone rugby tackling the poep, in sillouette.

I wear it for the attention. Now, do I think it permits others to physically assault me, no.

LMAO that is just too funny to Imagine a rugby tackling the pope. I was going to bust your chops and ask what a poep is but I laughing too much a the thought of that t-shirt. No I don't think you would want that TE anymore than a woman would want to be raped just because she's showing cleavage and wears stilettos with skirt covering just barely under her ass. If you wonder why I'm being so descriptive its because I think that is fine for out on the town, date, etc but not in the office where it dick teases the men and they could lose their jobs if something they say accidentally comes out the wrong way.

Theory_Execution
There was a girl at my last job who, well didn't dress as described above, I got distracted a few times. Thankfully I wasnt doing anything important at all.

I believe the job only existed to write off some tax charge somewhere.

I will wear that t-shirt again this weekend, it got a few laughs last time.

Doubting Thomas
I wonder if it were a Chick tract? Because blaming the victim for rape is something Jack Chick would do.

When are these idiots going to realize that rape is not about sex, but about coercion and control?

And why do people take it upon themselves to judge what other people wear?
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Jump to Forum: