View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » T.V. Shows
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Justified
Skeeve
Saw the first episode on FX last night.

Looks like it might be worth watching, if future shows are similar to the pilot.

Tuesdays at 9PM Central on FX.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Skeeve
Odd, catman did you post something then delete it?

It showed you posted in this thread at 12:01, but nothing here...?

I hope you say "yes", if not there may be a problem somewhere.

catman
"Yes"! No problems with the site, only with my brain.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

derF
So what's it about, Skeeve? Is it science fiction? I might go for that if it is done intelligently. Don't care to much for reality shows except cooking shows like Iron Chef or dance competitions like So You Think You Can Dance or Dancing With the Stars. Also like Glee Club and Jon Stewart and Steve Colbert's faux news shows. Talk at me!
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Skeeve
A young and very good looking federal marshal kills a man in Florida. While the guy did pull his gun first, the marshal could have avoided killing him. (There is backstory with the two).

So, the higher-ups transfer him to Kentucky, which is also where he was born and raised.

His first case involves a white supremacist that fired a LAW into a church.

He also was a friend of the marshal, they worked in a coal mine together when they were both 19.

Also, the skinheads brother is killed by his wife/girlfriend after abusing her for years. She has had the hots for the marshal since gradeschool.

All in all, it was an easy hour to get through. Can't wait till next week.
Edited by Skeeve on 03/18/2010 08:16

Sinny
Here's one preview on Youtube.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9TWkCL3GwOA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9TWkCL3GwOA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Skeeve
Did you watch the first episode, Sinny?

If so, did you like it?

eta: thanks for that video
Edited by Skeeve on 03/18/2010 17:28

Sinny
Yeah Skeeve. I thought it was kind of like an updated combination hick town/western. I liked it and got a real kick out of how the writer(s) wrote in the bad guys types. I couldn't remember the name of it or what the hell station I saw it on until you posted here about it, then I remembered.

Thanks for posting this...I could have ended up missing a few years of it like I did with so many other shows. I just hope it gets good ratings since I like so far..I hate it when I like a show and they go and cancel it Sad they should try it on another station when the ratings aren't what they want to keep the show going just to be sure it's not due to other programs on at the same time. But they always assume it means not enough people like the shows they cancel.

I am looking forward to seeing more and intend to make sure I set my recorder to auto record it so I don't forget. I can set it up to 7 episodes automatically Smile
Edited by Sinny on 03/18/2010 21:16

Skeeve
Yeah, I'm going to try to keep up with this one. It actually entertains.

Sinny
Skeeve if you have cable or DVR with cable or fios I suggest you try to set pre-recording settings or whatever it's called. If miss an episode maybe you can catch it on www.hulu.com.

Jump to Forum: