View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » U.S. Politics
 Print Thread
Health Care Bill passes. Conservative's Waterloo
derF
David Frum, George W. Bush's speech writer and confidant blames the radical right wingnuts for what he calls a conservative and Republican waterloo.

[quote]David Frum writes: Conservatives and Republicans today suffered their most crushing legislative defeat since the 1960s.

It
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Skeeve
The right is starting to eat their own.

This is good.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
It's nice to see a conservative dealing with reality, it seems to happen so rarely these days. I do hope that over the next couple of years the teabaggers and other right-wingnuts are finally pushed back to the fringe where they belong.

Doubting Thomas
Yep, it's only a matter of time now before the UN troops come and take away our guns and we're forced to bow to Mecca five times a day. Or at least, this is what's going to happen if you listen to the right-wingers these days. This health care stuff really has their panties in a wad, I can tell you.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
I think Herr Frum's analysis was spot on. The Republicans refused to negotiate and simply said 'NO' at every turn, so they went down bigtime.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Doubting Thomas
Anyone heard if a date has been set for Rush Limbaugh's departure for Costa Rica?

Skeeve
Let's start a countdown.

He stated that if it passed, within 5 years he'd leave the country.

"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

catman
I hope he leaves early.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

derF
Yeah, it is almost enough to get me to listen to his radio show just to hear him try to wheedle his way out of his predicament. Personally, I wish he would just have a heart attack on air let the world hear him expire. Frum was right when he said the the real leaders of the Republican party are the idiots that speak for them (selves) on radio and TV. The politicians have lost the floor to these talking heads.
Edited by derF on 03/23/2010 00:14
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Doubting Thomas
If I remember correctly, I think he made fun of Hollywood celebrities who said they would leave the country if GW Bush were elected. I might not have a good memory but I think he did that. You'd have thought he'd learned.

I, too, am curious to see what he says now about his leaving the country.

catman
Those who are so convinced that they are correct never learn.

Jump to Forum: