View Thread

Atheists Today » The Real World » Evolution
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Say hello to X woman, your long-lost cousin
Skeeve
To the trained eye of the palaeontologist, the tiny fragment of fossilised bone can be identified as coming from the little finger of a child who lived about 40,000 years ago in the Altai mountains of southern Siberia. But in the hands of molecular biologists, the bone has revealed that it belonged to a new lineage of human being, an unknown "hominin" who, although human, was not a member of our own species, Homo sapiens.

From The Independent

catman
Thanks for posting this, Skeeve.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Skeeve
Fascinating stuff.

Evolution is awesome.

It's a dead branch of our family tree, but still...fascinating.

derF
Wonder how long it will be before we discover new evidence of this mysterious relative? Very fascinating stuff.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Doubting Thomas
I don't mean to be a pessimist, but how long before anti-evolution creationists start touting this as another "hoax" being used to prove evolution?
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
DT: I'd be surprised if it hasn't already started to occur.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Doubting Thomas
Because you know that scientists are constantly making stuff up and then changing it later. They do this to try to make people stop believing in God.

Jump to Forum: