View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Uh-oh, now you're in big trouble
Bob of QF
From Pharyngula -- this is HILARIOUS! Grin

http://scienceblo...rouble.php

I never thought of this, but it's a real danger: the Homeopathic Bomb.

Homeopathic bombs are comprised of 99.9% water but contain the merest trace element of explosive. The solution is then repeatedly diluted so as to leave only the memory of the explosive in the water molecules. According to the laws of homeopathy, the more that the water is diluted, the more powerful the bomb becomes.

All I need is a minuscule quantity of octanitrocubane and a couple of liters of bottled water, and *POW*, I'll have the deadliest water balloon in the universe. Those people who were afraid the LHC was going to destroy the planet when it was switched on had better watch out, because I will tap the POWER of HOMEOPATHY!

Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
That's funny! Homeoopathy is such a crock.

Hypatia
If this horse shit really worked wouldn't millions of us be doing this with pot? And possibly passing drug tests too?

Why not do it with money too? Drink yourself rich.

Theory_Execution
"I will tap the POWER of HOMEOPATHY!"

Rofl

seeker
Hmm, just think. If it really worked you could put one drop into the ocean, then if we could convince everyone to go sailing...
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Bob of QF
It's much, much worse than that, Jim:

If homeopathy were real?

We, each and everyone of us, would literally be drinking homeopathic piss....

... it's been estimated that by the time you drink the water you're drinking (bottled or not) it has passed through the digestive tract and/or kidneys of 50-60 organisms including human beings.

Grin

Bob of QF
Which gave me an idea:

Homeopathic Soft Drinks:

Take a single can of your favorite beverage, say, Coke.

Now, using 'sound' homeopathic principles, dilute this several million times.

Then, just for fun, re-carbonate it-- that's a cheap technique.

Re-package it as homeopathic coke-- all the homeopathic flavor, none of the guilt.

Rofl

If people complain there's no taste? Just tell'em they are not sophisticated enough, and need more practice.

Grin

catman
Bob of QF: Your "homeopathic piss" post was hysterical!Rofl

Theory_Execution
Dont be silly Bob, every sound thinking person knows the magic only works when you shake it a number in this direction, then another number in that direction and repeat.

I do like that coke idea, im not fucking about, you should sure as hell go ahead with a whole range of these drinks. Think of the publicity it would give the drink companies, they would be clambering over eachother to have their names on these bottles of water.

Jump to Forum: