View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
whspr!
Skeeve
Found a link to this today.

By using it, you keep your email address hidden.

Think tinyURL for email.

http://whspr.me/
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Bob of QF
That's cool... could'a used this the other day...

Smile
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
It is cool! Grin

Theory_Execution
IP and general annonymity should be becoming more popular as the big sites (google and facebook, twitter and the like) start freely sharing information.

I clicked on a photobucket link the other day, and all my facebook details popped up - I dont like that sort of thing. Its like going into a shop, buying a shirt, then going across the way and hae them start talking to you about the shirt you just bought - its none of their business.

Also, as we have the Digital Economy Bill over here, normal sharing of files on the internet becomes a crime essentially, so have to go down those least trodden paths. Sadly, I cant see the government refraining from starting a few (if they havent been doing so already) of their own 'annonymous' servers offering out 'hidden' IP surfing.

Skeeve
Theory_Execution wrote:
Sadly, I cant see the government refraining from starting a few (if they havent been doing so already) of their own 'annonymous' servers offering out 'hidden' IP surfing.

I think the same thing when I see sites offering anonymous services. But I think I'd rather have the government logging it than having spammers/hackers getting it. Cool

I feel the need to qualify that statement somewhat.

I don't want my government spying on its citizens just because it can. But, I feel that it is somewhat safer if they have my info than the bad guys.

catman
Not much of a choice, is it?

derF
A curious state of affairs indeed.

Theory_Execution
Your government is a different group to the bad guys?

Are you serious, government is no better than the mob, they have their secret bodies and agencies, and silent soldiers killing and corrupting all over the place.

At least with common criminals theyre only interested in your money.

Skeeve
It does sound incongruous doesn't it?

I guess what I meant was in a perfect world that would be my preference.

Given our governments track record in the last decade or so, expecting honesty is a stretch. The possibility of abuse is too great.

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:
Found a link to this today.

By using it, you keep your email address hidden.

Think tinyURL for email.

http://whspr.me/

Hmmm. Very interesting. Could come in handy sometime.

Thanks.

Jump to Forum: