Forum Quick View Panel

View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » T.V. Shows
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
KSWO News has shitty reporting
Skeeve
http://www.kswo.c...S=12849397

That incident happened on the 15th. This was the second report made. The first report made the three victims sound suspicious, and how the victim at my store "escaped" was reported incorrectly. They said he ran down the street to get away. It was actually the kidnapper that ran away.

So, reading the story above and watching the newscast, you get the impression that once they entered my store my only involvement was to say, "Stop or I'm calling the police."

The video has been edited. I have the full version and as soon as i convert it to .wmv or .mpg, I will post it. The kidnapper and I actually had a tug-of-war with the victim before the thug finally gave up and left.

Lazy reporters piss me off. Twice they've made assumptions of events and even with the friggin video, they can't the story right.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
Journalism is all about telling the story as you wish it unfolded now our days. Fact checking is no longer important, sadly this seems to be true for other areas such as policing and government.

Afterall, why go to all that effort of actually making sure you know what you are talking/writing about, when you can make it up and rely on the fact that most people will never look to see if it is varifiable, and if they ever did by that time its too late.

I was surprised the soldier didn't do anything, probably just assumed they were two kids pissing about.

catman
It reminds me of, "Due to time considerations, we will now move ahead to the fourth quater" concerning the rebroadcast of a football game (American). So much can be left out that it's hardly worth watching (or reading).

T_E: I had a hard time making sense of your first sentence until I realized that you meant to say "nowadays" rather than "now our days". Cool

Theory_Execution
He, I did notice that after I had tapped her out, but prefer it that way for some reason.

What annoys me about television is how, due to needing to advertise, they butcher films, cutting out whole swathes of stuff. But most of all it used to be where the film would be stopped half way through so that they could do the nights news 20min-30min of nonsense.

catman
The ever-increasing number of commercials has nearly ruined television for me. I used to watch TVLand a lot, but the number of commercials (and butchered programs) is unendurable. They should be paying me to watch, rather than the other way round.

Theory_Execution
Yup, I dont watch tv anymore, (save for boxing and the odd documentary) I get a lot of it on the net, but even there now, youtube and a lot of the others force you to watch 30s-1min of commercial to watch a 9-20min video.

I wish they would fuck off, strike that, fuck off and die a miserable death. I do not need to see an advert for weight reduction pills 20 times or the 'natural way to get ripped in 4-6 weeks'.

Yes pop-ups are annoying, but there were fixes to that, and for a time the internet was pretty free (you would always get banner adverts), but now they have the things shout at you, blink in the corner and play annoying videos.

I hate to say it, but sometimes I find myself hoping the internet dies a death, so that a new means of communication is born, that, for a time is free of the tirade of scams/adverts/penis enlargement mail.

The people I really feel sorry for though, the internet users who truely have it the worst are the ripped, perfect sighted, white toothed, boyfriend and girlfriend owning, rich people with huge penises/tight vaginas. Poor bastards.

catman
I understand everything you said except for the last paragraph. Do you feel sorry for them because they don't need any of the advertised items?

I could despise them because they are on the internet rather than enjoying each others' natural(?) gifts.

Theory_Execution
It was an attempt at humour catman, which I missed heh. Most adverts are geared towards providing services/snake oils to have you gain those gifts.

catman
You're certainly right about that! BTW, I didn't need to understand it completely to think it was humourous.

Theory_Execution
Variety is the spice of life, humour the meat.

catman
I suppose I could make a comment about spicy meat, but I'm sure I would be derided for it.

Bob of QF
catman wrote:
I suppose I could make a comment about spicy meat, but I'm sure I would be derided for it.

Would that be a Mexican Catholic Priest?

Smile
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

derF
Seven days since the last post was made on this website. Cause for concern.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Skeeve
derF wrote:
Seven days since the last post was made on this website. Cause for concern.

You typed this in a post 2 days after the last post in this thread....?
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:
http://www.kswo.c...S=12849397

That incident happened on the 15th. This was the second report made. The first report made the three victims sound suspicious, and how the victim at my store "escaped" was reported incorrectly. They said he ran down the street to get away. It was actually the kidnapper that ran away.

So, reading the story above and watching the newscast, you get the impression that once they entered my store my only involvement was to say, "Stop or I'm calling the police."

The video has been edited. I have the full version and as soon as i convert it to .wmv or .mpg, I will post it. The kidnapper and I actually had a tug-of-war with the victim before the thug finally gave up and left.

Lazy reporters piss me off. Twice they've made assumptions of events and even with the friggin video, they can't the story right.

Most of the time when I read articles such as this I wonder how accurate the reporting is. When the media isn't inaccurate, they're incompetent, or a great deal of the time I think they just down right lie. I usually assume that much of what I read isn't even close to being the real story.

Robert
Awesome job, Skeeve. I don't think that most people would have gotten involved. Very cool.

Theory_Execution
It seems there is a general lack of respect in the world now, for most things in most areas.

I was out drinking with my housemates and friends last week, and two drunk guys pushed past the girl I was standing with (a mate from uni, she is just getting over anorexia so is fragile and reserved).

The one had pushed her near over and knocked the drink out of her hand. So I followed the guy to make him aware of what he had done, and asked that he apologise to her and replace the drink. He laughed and said he hadn't done anything.

So explaining a few more times that I had watched him do it, and that at the very least he should apologise he looked me dead in the eye and told me to fuck off.

So putting down my pint, I grabbed him by the legs, picked him clean off the floor and dropped him on his head. He was very apologetic after that.

catman
Congratulations! He deserved it.

Hypatia
Theory_Execution wrote:
It seems there is a general lack of respect in the world now, for most things in most areas.

I was out drinking with my housemates and friends last week, and two drunk guys pushed past the girl I was standing with (a mate from uni, she is just getting over anorexia so is fragile and reserved).

The one had pushed her near over and knocked the drink out of her hand. So I followed the guy to make him aware of what he had done, and asked that he apologise to her and replace the drink. He laughed and said he hadn't done anything.

So explaining a few more times that I had watched him do it, and that at the very least he should apologise he looked me dead in the eye and told me to fuck off.

So putting down my pint, I grabbed him by the legs, picked him clean off the floor and dropped him on his head. He was very apologetic after that.

Good - he certainly asked for it.

It seems like I see rudeness in people just about everywhere. People are so self absorbed these days and consumed with their 'rights', and namely the ones they use to justify being jerks - free speech, etc.

Bah.

Robert
TE wrote: "So putting down my pint, I grabbed him by the legs, picked him clean off the floor and dropped him on his head. He was very apologetic after that."

Sounds like you literally knocked some sense back into his thick skull! Smile

Jump to Forum: