View Thread

Print Thread
StopBaptistPredators.org
Skeeve
"This little light of mine ...
I'm gonna let it shine"

This "little light" shines for the many clergy abuse victims whose voices have been silenced. Silenced by shame. Silenced by the false instruction of religious leaders. Silenced by church shunning and bullying. Silenced by church contracts for secrecy. Silenced by suicide. The mission of StopBaptistPredators.org is to break the silence of Baptist clergy sex abuse.

http://www.stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm

Saw this linked at Talk Rational today.
Edited by Skeeve on 09/06/2010 10:16
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Hypatia
Thanks for the link Skeeve.

Sexual abuse within the catholic church has been so prevalent for such a long time, but for years I've been asking, 'What about all the sexual abuse of children that goes on in all the other religions?' I think that mostly it shouldn't matter what church or churches it occurs in - I believe it happens in all of them. It's just as reprehensible no matter where it occurs.

I was made to attend to both my mother's side Church of Christ and my father's southern baptist churches, and I assure you, it has been happening in those churches too.

I'm glad to see someone putting the issue in the spotlight regarding a religion other than just the catholic church.

catman
And Baptist clergy don't even have to take a vow of celibacy.

Jump to Forum: