View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
WBC to start protesting children's funerals in OK
Doubting Thomas
http://www.koco.c...etail.html

Fred Phelps & his clan are going to start protesting funerals of children in Oklahoma apparently in revenge for their tires being slashed during a protest at a military funeral in McAlester recently. I guess they don't feel hated enough so they decided to ramp it up a bit. Protesting military funerals was bad enough, but protesting funerals of children who did nothing to deserve it is just totally reprehensible. If their god is so evil & petty that he'll kill children because some nutjobs got their tires slashed, it's no god I want to worship.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Bob of QF
They better be careful in OK. We have one of the highest rates of concealed carry (per person).

They may find more than just tire slashing; lots of folk recognize cops take 20 minutes or more to respond--and that's in the city. Rural areas can take an hour or two. And there are few rural households without some sort of huntin' equipment.

I'm not specifically stating threats myself-- I'm not, and I do not plan on attending any funerals anytime soon.

But child death happens from time to time--it's always tragic. And it always engenders very strong emotions.

Among a state who's membership is rather more armed than usual.

And rather less rational than the norm. (Remember: only in OK did every single county in the state vote red in the last general election.)

So, if Phelps comes to OK, and spews his hate at a child's funeral?

He and his bunch may not make it back over the border in one piece.

I'm just sayin' --- I've seen violence over lessor things, here in my state.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Doubting Thomas
Too bad we can't keep them from coming back up across the state line. But if you notice that ol' Fred himself never goes to any of these protests, but always sends family members, mainly women & children. I'm sure he's hoping some kind of violence happens to them so he can show how evil & cruel the people he's protesting against are. Some women & children getting hurt would play right into his hands, and from what I've read about him he wouldn't care one bit about them if they did get hurt.

I highly suggest people read the book "Addicted to Hate" which is available online. It's a tell-all book about Fred & his family told by a couple of his sons who left his "church." If you didn't feel total revulsion toward Fred Phelps before that, you will after reading it.

catman
Bob of QF: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away".
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
DT: I've read several long essays by a couple of former victims of Phelps.

You're correct: Phelps is a loathsome piece of dogshit.

Catman: funny Wink
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Doubting Thomas
The book is available here: http://members.sh.../addicted/

I have read it, and I have to say that if even 10% of this book is true, Fred Phelps is a total evil monster who is undeserving of any kind of respect or consideration.

catman
Doubting Thomas wrote:Fred Phelps & his clan are going to start protesting funerals of children in Oklahoma apparently in revenge for their tires being slashed during a protest at a military funeral in McAlester recently.

So are children to blame for their tires being slashed? Absurd.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Doubting Thomas
No, it's more like they're acting like the mindless children they are and are lashing out at anyone and everyone they can in a tantrum to get more attention. If you read the book I linked to, it shows how Fred Phelps has, throughout his childrens' lives, made everyone hate his family in order to try to keep them close to him. He needs the whole world to hate his family so they'll stick with him, and they do it. They obviously are too blind to see that if they didn't share in his hatred for everyone that everyone would like them back, but being trapped in the family/church they don't have any clue that this is the case. The main reason they don't leave is because they see Fred not only as patriarch, but mainly their spiritual leader, and anyone who leaves he deems bound for Hell. So they blindly go along with what he says and do all his bidding.

catman
Sick, sick, sick. I honestly can't think of anything else to say, except that if there really were a Hell, I would fully expect to see ol' Fred on the fast track to it.

seeker
That's pretty much the Christian meme, WBC just takes it to its logical conclusion. Christians are always talking about being persecuted as though they aren't the vast majority.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Doubting Thomas
I just wonder who's going to continue as the head of the WBC when ol' Fred kicks off (I almost wish there were a hell so he'd go there). The logical choice would be his daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper, who seems to be crazy enough, but she is a woman. From what I understand Fred was very biblically misogynist, believing that a woman should be submissive to her husband and not be a leader of men. So I don't know if they'll all just conveniently forget this and let her be head of the church, or perhaps one of her brothers will head the church while she heads the "God hates _____" campaigns.

Jump to Forum: