View Thread

Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Jesus Returning May 21, 2011
Hypatia
Quick, change the counter on the front page - there's a new arrival date for Jesus.

http://www.mlive....ain_i.html

You may have to wait a few months for the end of the world, but you only have to wait two days to learn when Jesus "is coming again."

Beginning Monday, 20 billboards that suggest Jesus will return to earth on May 21, 2011 (spoiler alert!) will go up along surface streets in Metro Detroit, according to the Detroit Free Press. The ads include a biblical excerpt from Ecclesiastes: "...a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment."

Allison Warden of We Can Know, a North Carolina-based group that is funding the campaign along with Family Radio and private donors, told the Associated Press the billboards will appear in several U.S. cities where Family Radio is not broadcast.

The arrogance! 'We Can Know'. Ugh. Oh, and 'it isn't about right or wrong, it's about truth' (our truth, not yours). Grrrrrrr....

Skeeve
And the day will come and go and that group will fade into obscurity, like the countless others before them.

catman
They define "know" a different way, don't they? Just another batch of nutjobs. Sigh.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Photon
Strange, this is. If they'd only read their Bible:

Matthew 24:23-24, 30-31, 36

Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

So, maybe these aren't Bible-believing Christians, or alternatively they consider themselves to be the "Father".

Either way, not particularly compelling. On May 21 2011, I already had plans scheduled, and Jesus wasn't invited.
Edited by Photon on 12/08/2010 02:41

seeker
Interesting problem that creates. Basically that quote says that Christ isn't coming back because it instructs followers not to believe any claims of christhood.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

schmoo
hmmm...my female offspring is getting married (again) on that date. Interesting coincidence.

catman
Well, let's hope that isn't the end of HER world. Nyuk, nyuk.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

schmoo
Oh goodness, I find that I cannot say anything nice in this instance about my female offspring! Perhaps I'd best not say anything at all...yes, that would probably be best.

It hasn't gone well, this touching family reunion.

catman
Well, in that case, let's hope it is! (referring to my previous post)

schmoo
LOL! I'm just hoping that it's the end of some of her less appealing tendencies, or this marriage won't last any longer than the first one.

Skeeve
126 days to go

catman
I can hardly wait. If I see him, I'll offer him a drink.

Skeeve
Only 17 days left!

What are we ever going to do?

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:
Only 17 days left!

What are we ever going to do?

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm trying to figure out how I'll choose between so many suddenly-available homes and cars, oh my.

Smile

catman
I'll be down at Eurosports in Fort Worth, taking all the Ducati and Moto Guzzi motorcycles out. It never ceases to amaze me how the end-of-the-world idiots can keep on nailing themselves down to particular dates which will undoubtedly pass with nothing happening. Oh, me of little faith.
Edited by catman on 05/03/2011 15:37

Hypatia
catman wrote:
I'll be down at Eurosports in Fort Worth, taking all the Ducati and Moto Guzzi motorcycles out. It never ceases to amaze me how the end-of-the-world idiots can keep on nailing themselves down to particular dates which will undoubtedly pass with nothing happening. Oh, me of little faith.

Heh, that's good Cat.

It would make a good signature line. Or something.

Smile

Theory_Execution
Its all making sense now... Obama is the anti-christ.... just look at his record, he nearly sorted out health care, he nearly closed Guantanamo and he got Bin laden killed dun Dun DUNNNN.

Iv not noticed any of these billboards/flyers/posters in the UK yet, according to Ask an Atheist TV (which is now on radio after their station closed its facilities - much like what could be happening to Atheist Experience, is it a christian conspiracy to get atheirsts off TV?) they are appearing all over the world.

These end dates, much like the people who believe them, are brilliant tools for boosting your numbers and generating income. Apparently the guy who started this one had another predicition 15 to 25 years ago, second times a charm ey?

Hypatia
Theory_Execution wrote:
Its all making sense now... Obama is the anti-christ.... just look at his record, he nearly sorted out health care, he nearly closed Guantanamo and he got Bin laden killed dun Dun DUNNNN.

Iv not noticed any of these billboards/flyers/posters in the UK yet, according to Ask an Atheist TV (which is now on radio after their station closed its facilities - much like what could be happening to Atheist Experience, is it a christian conspiracy to get atheirsts off TV?) they are appearing all over the world.

These end dates, much like the people who believe them, are brilliant tools for boosting your numbers and generating income. Apparently the guy who started this one had another predicition 15 to 25 years ago, second times a charm ey?

No doubt he simply miscalculated the other time(s).

This time he's got it right.

Yep, okay.

Movin' on then,

Or not.

Theory_Execution
Damnation! my interwebs timed out. Lost all I had typed.

Something along the lines of Threat of Hell alleviated by terminus of this tortured existance... this being based on a discussion I had with a girl on the weekend just gone, who said she had a genuine fear of hell, and that was why she believed in Jesus.

Hypatia
So, anyone having 'end of the world' parties or anything? You know, break out some beer and snacks, BBQ, sit out in the lawn chairs and wait for the action to begin?

Pfft
Edited by Hypatia on 05/15/2011 18:48

Jump to Forum: