View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ire & Protests Over Atheist Ad Campaigns
Hypatia
They're never going to like what we have to say, anytime, but saying during 'their' holiday season, well, we're just persecuting them every which way to Sunday now.

Skeeve
Boo hoo, the poor persecuted majority.

Flail

catman
My thoughts exactly.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

JohnH
I would ask christians to what extent they misunderstand the need, in mid winter (at least in the northern hemisphere), to celebrate life, plenty, and the hope for a good harvest come fall. I would further ask why they appropriated that sort human need to celebrate the birth? of their false god. Mid winter celebrations have been understandable to me for a long time. I personally revel in them. I have a very pagan christmas, I must apologize for the term, tree because I understand what it means.

Tough shit all you ignorant fucks.

edited for the need of the apology
Edited by JohnH on 12/07/2010 06:39

Kowboy
JohnH wrote:
I would ask christians to what extent they misunderstand the need, in mid winter (at least in the northern hemisphere), to celebrate life, plenty, and the hope for a good harvest come fall. I would further ask why they appropriated that sort human need to celebrate the birth? of their false god. Mid winter celebrations have been understandable to me for a long time. I personally revel in them. I have a very pagan christmas, I must apologize for the term, tree because I understand what it means.

Tough shit all you ignorant fucks.

JohnH:

Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humor.

JohnH
Who said I ever did.

Bob of QF
I love the craphead Donahue of the Cat'Lick "league"* whining: 'how dare they use our holiday'...

.. as if christianity had not stolen Winter Solstice from earlier religious observations.

Celebrating the return of longer days has been going on within human culture since humankind discovered the idea of calendars and that each year, days *do* start to grow longer.

I'd guess this goes back 15-20 thousand years at least-- probably more.

... "our holiday".... as if.

(* I put "league" in quotes, because it consists of one person-- Donahue himself...)
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Jump to Forum: