View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Pope claims Christians most persecuted
Doubting Thomas
Cry me a frickin' river:

http://news.yahoo...ersecution

Try being an atheist in the bible belt and then tell me how persecuted you are.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Skeeve
What he calls 'persecution', I call living in a free society.

Bob of QF
Here is the world's tiniest violin playing a tune for the poor, poor pedophile-hiding, nazi-collaborating pope.

>>gag<<
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

JohnH
I would say that this a common practice for all religions. They selectively look at things from their own perspective and ignore other perspectives. I would suspect that looking at muslims in europe he might find almost as much persecution as christians living in muslim countries.

Any very small minority in a country with a dominant culture is going to be persecuted to some extent. Consider the plight of indigenous cultures throughout the world. In almost all cases their lands are appropriated when convenient and when they try to enter the dominant culture they generally cannot escape poverty.
Edited by JohnH on 12/17/2010 01:25

Hypatia
Now christians around the world will be saying, 'See. We told you.'

I contend that to any extent christians are persecuted they have brought it on themselves.

And with that I repeat:

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/SoPersecuted-1.jpg

The poor insipid drones.

Doubting Thomas
I'm sorry, but I just can't feel any pity for any of them. When I have to constantly hide my atheism, I tend to get a bit angry toward Christians. When a recent poll shows that atheists are the least trusted group in America, it makes me angry. When people spout off about this being a "Christian nation," implying that I shouldn't be here if I'm not Christian, then yes, I tend to get a little indignant.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Jump to Forum: