View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Appeals court rules Soledad cross unconstitutional
Doubting Thomas
http://www.signon...cross-unc/

Thankfully, this fight over separation of church & state has swung in our favor. I'm just worried, though, that if this goes to the Supreme Court that it will be overturned and the cross will be allowed to stay.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.
 
Skeeve
*fingers crossed*
 
JohnH
I have a great disgust with christian crosses on public lands. I also have no disagreement with the sort of compromise that occurred in San Francisco when the land on which the cross on Mount Davidson was sold to a christian organization.

Theism is evil but not allowing its adherents their symbols may also be evil.
 
seeker
I'm not sure if these fights are really productive. When Christians win they keep their symbols and when they lose they convince themselves they are being persecuted and get more rabid.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
 
catman
Yeah, that martyr thing is hard to beat. It took a group of evil geniuses to design the religion.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Doubting Thomas
Don't forget the battle to get the ten commandments monument out of the Alabama state supreme courthouse. I think that was very worthwhile. And if Christians want to cry "persecution," let 'em. They really have no idea what real persecution is, and it's funny to see an 80% majority claim persecution by the other 20%.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.
 
catman
Oh, yes. I feel so sorry for them, not being able to convince absolutely everyone that their mythology is The Truth.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Jump to Forum:

Similar Threads