View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I am a different person than I though I was
JohnH
My entire life I thought I was a sagittarius. Now it turns out that with the change in zodiac symbols I am in fact an ophiuchus. This change has apparently been true for a long time. I am not sure what that means to my personality and will continue to investigate it. But all those years I have been consulting my horoscope when I had to make an important decision I was probably getting the wrong advice. It may explain some bad decisions I have made. I blame all those bad decisions on getting the wrong advice.

Theory_Execution
I know how you feel JohnH, I also recently discovered that Scorpios are not worth a full month.

It would explain why nothing eventful happened for around 20 days of each month for the whole of my life.

seeker
Don't feel bad guys, I am apparently now a Virgo and have a whole new set of traits to ignore.

Take heart though, your sign hasn't really changed.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Theory_Execution
"This story is born periodically as if someone has discovered some truth. It's not news," said Jeff Jawer, astrologer with Tarot.com

Well that puts me at ease, now I just have to close my mind to the oft repeated fact that it is all bullshit and maybe then I can trust in my own ideas about what is good for me. Because today or tonight a room mate or a house mate may trigger an emotional reaction from me...yadda yadda oh sweet baby jesus kill me with your tongue sword now.

Here's where i got this shit from

http://www.astrol...rpio.shtml

Haha, he/she couldn't have been more openended its like the ending of a HBO tv series. Scorpio - today you are a species of the human race, born of a mother and made of lots of carbon and other bits. You are able to read these words, and the words that follow, and again recall those words that have just gone. After reading this, you will stop reading this, and upon having read >>> this <<< you will again think of this.

Doubting Thomas
I'm still a Taurus, which means I can continue ignoring the same horoscope.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
As an amateur astronomer, I've been aware of the discrepancy for some time. I would see that, say, Jupiter was supposed to be in one constellation, then would find that it was actually in another. Precession of the equinoxes explains it. The celestial north pole is moving slowly away from Polaris, so it won't be the North Star in a thousand or two years.

I was born a Cancer, so I'll always be malignant.
Edited by catman on 01/14/2011 15:42
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

schmoo
*snicker*

Photon
The "new" sign is Ophiucus - the man grasping his snake. I'm pretty sure this internet meme was originally created as a shout-out for all the masturbation enthusiasts that inhabit the Interwebz.

And welcome back schmoo!
Edited by Photon on 01/14/2011 23:49

catman
LOL. Yeah, Ophiuchus has had planets pass through the corner of it occasionally before.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

seeker
I was under the impression they shot out the end
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

schmoo
Hi Photon!

seeker, that has generally been my experience.

Jump to Forum: