View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I'm getting married
Skeeve
Hello honey!! I am for a good mature man.

As for myself, I am a pretty Ukrainian lady.
Are you fond of Ukrainian ladies??

We are not just pretty and clever, but very tolerant as well..
Ukrainian ladies? esteem family and tend to be with their beloved ones a great deal of right time..

It's right time to meet each other!
I'll be waiting for you on international marriage site. Bye dear!!

International Marriage Agency

This is great, now I just have to send off another inquiry about that money I was supposed to get from that guy in Nigeria.

schmoo
Congratulations Skeeve-what a lucky lady, you're going to be much less trouble than most husbands! LOL!Grin

catman
I want a photo.Fundance
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Skeeve
I would get you one catman, but I'm afraid to click the link. Cool

Theory_Execution
"Dont get married girl you'll sign away your life.
You'll start out as a mistress, but you'll end up as a wife."

I feel like replying to some of these people, but id rather not do so using my own email, or computer for that matter.

Bob of QF
Well, if you insert "International Marriage Agency" into Google?

You get this: http://www.ukrein...ex_en.html

At the top, some voluptuous pictures of women-- whether they are real or faked pics? Who could say. Hollywood has not cornered the market on all beautiful women, I would presume.

Anyway, the initial greeting goes like this:

Ukraine Dating and Marriage Agency

Dear visitor,

You've finally found the Russian & Ukraine Dating agency which will help you to meet a beautiful Russian or Ukrainian woman and will bring love and happiness into your life.

Due to high qualification and strong motivation of the staff and also excellent quality of database of Russian and Ukrainian women our International dating and marraige agency has lots of wonderful love stories and happy marriages as a result of its work.

We'd like to emphasize that our Russian & Ukraine dating and marriage agency differs a lot from other dating sites and marriage agencies in Ukraine and Russia because we require no financial contribution until you find a Russian or Ukrainian woman you would be mutually interested in each other.

We provide you a 100% AntiScam protection and support from our Canadian office which is located at 469, J. Talon W. office 316 Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

My next stop, would be to Google the Canada address, and look into the Canadian equivalent of the Better Business Bureau, and see what the complaints are, and how they were resolved (if they were).

But, what is more interesting, is the Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikiped...age_agency

Which tells me it's been going on for a long, long time.

Which... is kinda sad, in a way... for both parties. That women would be willing to put themselves in such a position to some idiot who's sole redeeming quality, is he has enough money to buy her out of her home country. And the flip side: how sad do you have to be, to resort to mail-order to convince someone to be with you?
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Skeeve
Thanks Bob....after looking over the choices, I couldn't bring myself to link a pic here.

how sad do you have to be, to resort to mail-order to convince someone to be with you?

Ever heard of rlogan?

Bob of QF
Skeeve wrote:
Ever heard of rlogan?

No, what is it? Google was not very helpful...

... and I should not be so judgmental, I guess. It was harsh of me, to presume to think a couple couldn't be happy under those conditions (mail-order bride). If the couple is serious? And it's not just exploitation? Then why not?

Skeeve
http://www.rantsn...ion-thread

rlogan basically "bought*" a girl overseas and brought her back to Alaska. He's now pretending to live the Mountain Man life, 10min outside of some city.

Fascinating story if you have time to read the entire thread, which is 212 pages so far.

*while no money exchanged hands per se, if you read the story, you'll understand.
Edited by Skeeve on 01/27/2011 07:22

Theory_Execution
I was aware of it going on, but I really see no difference between this method and the young hot women that chase down old male celebrities (or are caught by these old guys).

It simply boils down to money in both cases - but in some, whos to say both can't be made happy.

Personally I would rather spend my money on something that I can own legally - ha which does not in any way mean I want to buy one of those Japanese sex dolls.

Bob of QF
Sorry, Skeeve, I don't do "rants & raves" I had an account, but I deleted it.

Jump to Forum: