Print Thread
The Thinking Atheist
Hypatia
From The Thinking Atheist

Foreskin Follies

Morality Without God

Noah's Ark - God, Giraffes & Genocide

Skeeve
Thanks for posting these Hypatia, very well done.

I have to go follow him now.

Hypatia
Yer welcome. Smile

ThomasE2U
I'm a new member as of today-2/17/11 & as soon as I can pick myself up off the ground from uncontrolable laughter, I be looking for more posts.

Hypatia
ThomasE2U wrote:
I'm a new member as of today-2/17/11 & as soon as I can pick myself up off the ground from uncontrolable laughter, I be looking for more posts.

Hi ThomasE2U and welcome to the site. Hope you'll find much more here you like and that interests you.

We have a 'Pleased To Meet You' sub-forum if you'd like to start a thread to introduce yourself and maybe tell us a little about yourself.

Make yourself at home and hope we'll see you here frequently.

ThomasE2U
Hello again to all, thanks for the warm welcome. Day 2, & I am really enjoying the "show" so far! "Veni, vidi, velcro"? That is just a riot. I came from a "hell, fire, & brimstone" upbringing in the Nazarene sect of Xtianity. I think that I rejected it from an early age, but to go against one's indoctrination is a tough thing to do. However, being of sane mind & body, I do realize "religion" is just a tool to keep the sheeple in line. I'm 51 y.o. & have switched careers & am taking Nursing classes here in In. Yeah, that's Indiana, you know, south of the Mason-Dixon line. Way too many racist, bigoted, know it all folks who jokingly all seem to attend a house of worship come Sun. morning, -(go figure!) I have classes & studying to do today, bit I do look forward to popping in often. Again, thanks to all!

Hypatia
A new post from TTA:

Train up a Child

"Christianity is not a religion... "

"Everything I learned about marketing I learned in church... "

"No saving something that isn't wrong... "

Hopefully members of the audience that could most benefit from this message will come across it in a search by the title.

Hypatia
A new video from The Thinking Atheist called 'Atheists and Sex Offenders'.

I thought Michael Stahl's name sounded familiar - I think I saw it recently on the AMIP list: America's Most Ignorant Pastors.

Photon
This last one is especially well done!

Bob of QF
Nice.

Very professional production values, too.

Me like.... Smile
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Hypatia
There are many reasons why some atheists are not 'out', but it seems it hasn't dawned on Mr. Stahl that lots are (maybe he hasn't seen YT) and have already purposely placed themselves on some list or another specifically identifying themselves as such. Of course with the Internet people can do that and have some anonymity, but may not want to be any more out - or outed than that, and those lists aren't designed to place them in the same categories as sex offenders, murderers, ex-cons, etc.

But from the few articles I've read about him it looks like this guy is a puffed up one man band. It wouldn't surprise me if he eventually attracted a few sheep, but I don't know that there presently are any.

http://www.examin...-christian

JohnH
Sign me up I want everyone to know I do not believe in any gods. I do believe in the earth and try to respect it but that is something entirely different.

Hypatia
The people who most need to be reminded of these facts won't be listening this year any more than any other, but I thought the video was nicely done.

Bob of QF
dammit, Jim, they deleted that vid...

Wink

Alternate link:

http://www.youtub...T8Y1-VLjGQ
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Hypatia
Tanks ever muchly.

Smile

Jump to Forum: