View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » Funny Zone
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
A funny, sad story
JohnH
I was having trouble going back to sleep last night, trying to avoid things to worry about I was reminded of this story and working up how to word it was perfect. I fell back asleep and was comfortable the rest of the night.

This story is funny, sad and true. I have witnesses.

I lived in a house where there was a small cottage immediately behind the back fence. It was really a converted garage with some small additions. A couple moved into that cottage and became infamous in short order. When making love the woman would scream in ecstasy so loudly that she could be heard at least 350 ft. away. I know this because an old friend lived in a house about that far away from the cottage. This couple became a source of neighborhood comment. The woman became known, not too affectionately, as "the screamer". After a while it stopped. The neighborhood assumed the couple had moved out.

By some quirk my wife knew a friend of the couple. She ran into the friend one day and for the obvious reason asked the friend if the couple had moved. No the friend said they still lived there and in addition had recently married.
Edited by JohnH on 02/21/2011 17:30

Skeeve
Hah. The "joke" is timeless, but the truth still holds.

One of the reasons I don't believe marriage is a necessity.

seeker
LOL, excellent
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

catman
Good one!
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

JohnH
Odd, coming home from the grocery I stopped to have a couple of shots of whiskey (Jack Daniels if you care). I was in the back smoking and talking to an acquaintance. I was telling her this story and did not need to deliver the "punch line" she already knew. It was one of the reasons she had no thought of ever being married, at least by her telling. Sad.

Doubting Thomas
The one food guaranteed to kill a woman's sex drive? Wedding cake.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Jump to Forum: