View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » T.V. Shows
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Mystery Science Theater 3000
JohnH
My children found this TV show for me, probably in the early 90's. Absofuckinglutely hilarious. A continuous making of humorous and often arcane references to a back drop of really bad movies. Think Ed Wood with live and appropriate commentary.

Somehow I have lost the ability to provide links. I will work on it but I suggest that you check out the Wiki entry on MST3K and then see what you can find on the net. You will be amused.

Skeeve
http://www.mst3k.... is a good place to check out too.

I didn't see it until it was showing on SciFi, so I've missed many episodes and will one day play catch-up.

I have a link somewhere with all the episodes on torrents. I'll see if I can find it.

Skeeve
There are also 7 episodes available at Hulu

Still looking for those torrents.

JohnH
Skeeve, It was looking around on hulu for something to entertain myself with that reminded me of this program. What is most interesting to me is the movies they have are so incredibly bad you wonder how they could have been made in the first place.

Max
That was one of my favorite shows when it was still on. There are tons of episodes on youtube as well, I think. Some of the most famous are Manos: The Hands of Fate, Cave Dwellers, Space Mutiny, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, etc. Also, if you're interested, the guys who voice the characters, Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, and Kevin Murphy have a new show called Rifftrax where they blast more modern movies. They create down loadable riffs of the movies that you can add to your copy. I haven't tried to buy any yet, but lots of people have samples of movies with the tracks over them. Here's a sample of the atrocious Batman & Robin.

http://www.youtub...re=related

Skeeve
John: I think many of these were made during the atomic scare of the 50's, and everybody was afraid of mutants. And I loved them!

Max: Thanks for that link. Going to go look at some more when I get a chance.

JohnH
It heartens me that there are at least three fans here. I would suggest that if others check it out there will be more.

Doubting Thomas
Hey, I am a fan, too. Lately I've been watching episodes on netflix. They have lots of them there, but unfotunately they don't have Manos: Hands of Fate available for download, only DVD by mail. Manos is supposed to be one of the absolute worst movies ever, and deemed THE worst movie ever shown on MST3K.

Unfortunately my wife doesn't seem to get it. She said, "All they do is sit there and make fun of the movie." Right, that's what the show is all about.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Skeeve
Exactly! These movies are so bad, the only thing that makes them tolerable is the commentary.

catman
I prefer making my own commentary. I do like Elvira's Movie Macabre, though.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: