Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I've Been Wrongly Accused
Kowboy
Of being a Fox News supporter. I saw this tonight and thought it was great:

http://www.huffin...31243.html

JohnH
Very funny in a sad way. Jon Stewart is often like that.

seeker
The sad part is that its a comedian pointing it out rather than a 'serious news correspondent'.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Doubting Thomas
The sad part is that anyone at all takes Fox News seriously.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Cynic
I like the "people making less than $250,000 might be considered poor" reasoning (If only I were a 1/5th that poor!) combined with the notion that people making $50,000 are greedy for supplementing with a generous benefits package. People don't seem to understand that not only are government employees not rich, but in general they make less than they would in industry equivalent positions and the "extra" benefits only help to mitigate that.

The image of people making two to five times as much as those government workers in Wisconsin marching around declaring how greedy those workers are is "funny" indeed.

The way everything seems to be anymore (and perhaps always was), the comedians are the only people who can be counted on to say what they think. Politicians and news analysts can only be counted on to say what you'd expect them to.

Jump to Forum: