View Thread

Atheists Today » The Real World » Pseudo-Science
 Print Thread
Bigfoot carcass?
Doubting Thomas
Anyone heard the latest on the supposed Bigfoot corpse "found" by the three guys in Georgia and stuffed in the freezer? I did see a website claiming that it was simply a stuffed bigfoot costume with pig entrails, which wouldn't be surprising because at least one of the guys claiming to have found the "corpse" in the woods is a known Bigfoot hoaxer, even among Bigfoot hunters. The likely explanation is that they are trying to drum up business for a Bigfoot hunting trip business offering hunting trips for $499.

catman
Anyone dumb enough to go on the hunting trip deserves to be fleeced.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
What EVER you do, if you go hunting with these guys, is NEVER, EVER wear brown or fir or earth-shades while hunting....

....you'll liable to be mistaken FOR bigfoot, shot, and stuffed in a freezer...

I suggest hot pink. With lace and lots of dangling pom-poms.... just to be sure!
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
Good advice. Even better advice is to stay the hell away from them.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

neilmarr
Anyone remember the late seventies movie, Close Encounters of the Third Kind? Real fun stuff. Always remember one scene in particular when UFO sighters were trying to convince the military that they'd actually seen flyng saucers. Even in an SF film, their whole story was shot down in flames when one old chap said: "I seen Big Foot, too" and, thereby, destroyed any credibility.

Almost as funny as that brilliant scene in ET when the young hero told his giggling friends: "Hey. Get serious. This ain't some movie, you know. t's real life."

Both films by the brilliant Steven Spielberg, who in spite of his crazy subject matter at times, has a healthy grip on reality.

Neil
Edited by neilmarr on 08/30/2008 03:08

RayvenAlandria
I did some research when this info first came out. It is a complete scam. The *expert* the guys got involved with is a known con-artist who lied about having a bigfoot body in the past.

I found a site that other bigfoot believers hang out at and these folks are the ones who debunked the Georgia losers. They police the *community* to weed out con-artists, or at least try to.

I'm on a different computer so I don't have those pages in my history, I'll find them later and link them. You should have seen the youtube vids the Georgia scum put out, I cannot begin to explain how repulsive the guys are. This was all a big hoax to show that they "are the best bigfoot trackers" and for 400 bucks they'll take you to where they found it. The cop was being portrayed as a hero who got shot in the line of duty when in fact he is a loser who shot himself while struggling over his gun with a suspect. Apparently he can't arrest and unarmed man without shooting himself.

I can't remember if I wrote something about this in my Chupacabra thread, I have a vague memory of doing so. Lemme go check.

RayvenAlandria
Yep, there it is, last post.

[url]http://atheiststoday.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=45&thread_id=104[/url]
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 08/30/2008 14:30

Jump to Forum: