View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » U.S. Politics
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
And the beat goes on
catman
This may make you rather ill. It makes me ill and angry, a potent combination.

As you may know, the House of Representatives recently passed the Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 (H.R. 1), which included an amendment to restrict federal funding for Planned Parenthood. I support this provision, and you may be certain that I will continue to support initiatives to prevent federal taxpayer dollars from funding Planned Parenthood during the 112th Congress.

Additionally, it may interest you to learn that I, along with 31 other Members of Congress, sent a letter to the Government Accountability Office (GAO) requesting the amount of Title X federal funding given to Planned Parenthood and other specific organizations from Fiscal Year 2002—2009. In response to my oversight request, the GAO found and outlined almost $1 billion in taxpayer dollars directed to these organizations. Specifically, the nation’s largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, reportedly received over $650 million in federal funds over a seven year period. I believe that taxpayer funding of abortion is unacceptable, and I will continue to exercise aggressive oversight on this issue.

I am committed to building a culture of life in America. Every life is a precious gift from God, and we must protect those who cannot protect themselves, ensuring—from conception to natural death—that every human being is treated with the dignity and respect he or she deserves. I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

[Emphasis mine]

I received this travesty in response to asking my reprensentatives in the state gov't to vote against a bill which will strip funding from Planned Parenthood, an organization I strongly support.
Edited by catman on 03/30/2011 01:54

Theory_Execution
You scared the living shit out of me there Catman, please also give the warning that your are quoting from a dingleberry.

I was reading it thinking, noo catman knows the Planned Parenthood offer more than abortion, fuck i know that and I live in the UK.

The sickening part is, although this cunt claims to be commited to the notion that every life is a precious gift from God, he wastes time petitioning government on the money spent on a health care service over 8 years which is $ 1 Bil and completely ignores a war that is costing the US $1.8 Bil a week!

People make me sick.

seeker
Funny how life is only precious till we need them to die in a war or they break a law.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

catman
Theory_Execution wrote:
You scared the living shit out of me there Catman, please also give the warning that your are quoting from a dingleberry.

That seems self-evident to me. 'Texas Republican' is IMO synonymous with dingleberry. How do you think I feel living here? The politicians are almost without exception total asses, and they were elected by Texans. That makes me uncomfortable, to say the least.
Edited by catman on 03/30/2011 15:42
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

cheshiredragon
catman wrote:
Theory_Execution wrote:

That seems self-evident to me. 'Texas Republican' is IMO synonymous with dingleberry How do you think I feel living here? The politicians are almost without exception total asses, and they were elected by Texans. That makes me uncomfortable, to say the least.

AMEN, Brother! God bless Texas....dot..dot...dot

can I stab myself now?

Bob of QF
As bad as Texas is?

Here in Oklahomer, the land of the Thugs (re-thugs) they are trying to get passed a horrible invasive anti-abortion law:

All women who desire an abortion, that they paid for themselves (no gov'munt hand-outs here) will be forced to endure invasive vaginal sonograms and some preaching by a self-righteous "doctor" explaining how they are murdering their "newborn".

Gaaaah... all men who are behind such a law, should be forced to sit through 9 months of nothing but Oprah, interleaved with Ellen Degeneres, before being permitted to vote....

... my loathing for the Religious [never]Right grows and grows.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
Hideous. In Texas, we have the sonogram law you referred to. I despise the idea.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Hypatia
It wasn't until I got to

that I, along with 31 other Members of Congress

that I realized what I was reading was being quoted and not written, or spoken, by you Cat. *shrug* * I dunno*

Anyway, so besides the other services Planned Parenthood provides that many women otherwise might not have access to, I guess it's better to have women seeking illegal, dangerous, life-risking abortions in clandestine and horrifying, filthy conditions and then pray for them after. Yeah, the holy way. Wow.

catman
I prefaced my quote with a couple of sentences, but I suppose I could have been clearer. Sorry.

Jump to Forum: