View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
bin Laden Death: Credit Pope John Paul II
Hypatia
We should have been able to predict that there are going to be catholics who will attribute the death of bin Laden to Pope John Paul II.

Oy vey.

http://www.salon....index.html

Peruvian President Alan Garcia says Pope John Paul II should get credit for the death of Osama bin Laden.

*ETA - though I've yet to hear of any American catholics making up this connection.
Edited by Hypatia on 05/02/2011 18:07

Theory_Execution
Wow, I should suppose Pope John Paul the second also invented the question mark.

catman
That is ridiculous! I know they are busy trying to get him sainthood, but this is going too far.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
Theory_Execution wrote:
Wow, I should suppose Pope John Paul the second also invented the question mark.

No, no.... he invented The Wheel-- by his amazing god-like abilities, he inspired back in time the idea of the wheel itself.

;P
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

seeker
Lets meet them halfway and credit the pope with having raped Bin Laden as a child.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Theory_Execution
Seeker: Now that is wholly within the sphere of believability.

Bob of QF
seeker wrote:
Lets meet them halfway and credit the pope with having raped Bin Laden as a child.

Naaah.... the pope just covered up the fact that Father Flannagan* raped Bin Laden as a child... it's what he does: cover up child rape.

______

* not his real name, it was changed to protect the Cat'Lick church's precious reputation.
Edited by Bob of QF on 05/03/2011 18:19
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Jump to Forum: