View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » Funny Zone
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bill Maher
Hypatia
While flipping channels on the t.v. I ran across Bill Maher on a talk show.

This cracked me up: "Michele Bachmann is for people who find Sarah Palin too intellectual."

catman
Hahahahaha! That's a good analysis, though. It frightens me to think of the people who listen to her because they identify with her..."she's just like us".
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Kowboy
I like Mahr, but his calling Palin a "twat" was just rude and out of line. Fuck you, Bill.
Edited by Kowboy on 05/05/2011 22:31

catman
I agree to a point, but think of the moolah that Ann Coulter et al have made with their crude insults. Humor and commentary are very rough these days. And as much as I liked George Carlin, I think he was unnecessarily crude on occasion.

Besides, sometimes I think of Palin as a 'twat' myself when she makes a spectacularly stupid remark, although I don't have the audience that Maher does. Fundance
Edited by catman on 05/06/2011 00:49
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Theory_Execution
"And as much as I liked George Carlin, I think he was unnecessarily crude on occasion."

Steer clear of Frankie Boyle and Doug Stanhope then.

Cynic
catman wrote:
And as much as I liked George Carlin, I think he was unnecessarily crude on occasion.

Besides, sometimes I think of Palin as a 'twat' myself when she makes a spectacularly stupid remark, although I don't have the audience that Maher does. Fundance

I once went to a George Carlin concert in Pittsburgh (I want to say Brain Droppings tour, mid- to late 1990s) and was pretty put off by it. I love Carlin, generally, but I guess I was only previously exposed to his HBO specials and the like. In concert, the language and excess began to get in the way of his insights, which is what I liked best about him.

As for Palin, I think calling her a twat is totally out of line. Its an egregious insult to vaginas everywhere to be compared to her.

seeker
Considering some of the egregiously stupid things Palin has said and done calling her a twat was a kindness.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: