View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Rant Room
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Choose Life
JohnH
I have been traveling which is one reason I have not posted much for the last 2 weeks or so, but something I saw yesterday has to be commented on.

In a parking lot serving something where a lot of tourists may be found I saw a Florida license plate with the phrase "Chose Life" and a picture of two children. This was an official plate. I checked and there is nothing like support choice in the possible selections for Florida residents. I find this offensive and inappropriate for a state to sanction.

Hypatia
I agree, there should also be something for supporting pr-choice. But I think it will take a lot of squeaking to get that wheel greased. Hopefully there will some squeaking going on over that.

catman
The irony is that they don't want us to have a choice.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
"Choose Life" translates to "choose to be a mind-dead slave to our cult"

And that is hardly living, is it?
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Kowboy
Apparently pro-choice folks in Florida can raise the money and political support and inagurate their own plate but haven't done so yet:
http://en.wikiped...nse_plates

seeker
The thing I don't get is why they want every fetus to be born yet are so unwilling to care for them once they are born. Their slogan should be 'Choose a Miserable Life'
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: