View Thread

Atheists Today » Religion » Islam
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Food Shape Too Xtian for Some Islamists
Hypatia
Umm, hmmmm. Well, just wow.

I wonder if it has occurred to them to make the samosas in a different shape - round maybe?

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/292.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

Somalia's al-Shabaab group has banned samosas after ruling the popular snacks are 'offensive' and too Christian.

Militant Islamist fighters last week used vehicles mounted with loudspeakers to announce the bizarre ruling across the regions of the war-torn country it controls.

It is now thought islamist militants have taken offence at the three-sided samosa's supposed resemblance to symbol of the Christian Holy Trinity.

Kenya's Daily Nation newspaper today reported that residents of the Somali town of Afgoye, 20 miles south of the capital Mogadishu, had confirmed the samosa ban had been imposed.

The fried snacks, usually filled with spicy meat or vegetables, have been served for centuries in the East African country.

But the newspaper said locals believed al-Shabaab leaders had decided the triangular shape was not compatible with their strict version of Islam.

And not allowing aid into the country so hungry people can be fed? The humanity is just overwhelming. I wonder if that kind of humanism is in the Koran...

catman
Does that mean they hate all triangles (guitar picks, "Yield" traffic signs, etc)?

The silence of moderate Muslims is deafening. I doubt that the media would wish to allow us to hear anything they might have to say. Surely Muslims in Somalia are suffering because of this idiocy.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: