View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
In my next life I will be a carny
JohnH
One of my most prized possessions is a Butler Amusements baseball cap. Butler Amusements runs carnivals all over California.

I have been successful in my life and am retired with a comfortable pension. There remains a part of me who wants to be the leering 30 year old with a pack of cigarettes rolled into my tee shirt sleeve loading teenage girls onto the ride of whatever sort. No money, no hope, no position but maybe tonight someone will join you in your tent.

Please do not tell my family about this, but I wish to return as a carny. Travel about and see what happens. Get drunk with some regularity and know about people in a very fundamental way.

catman
I have a low enough viewpoint of humanity already. I think it likely that such a life would lower it even further, although I might enjoy being even more depraved.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

seeker
Is it just me or doesn't it feel like what is going on in this country right now is a sort of carnival and all of us are either rubes or carnies.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

catman
It does seem like a carnival is going on, although it is one I'd like to awaken from to find that it was all a bad dream.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: