View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I FOUND JESUS!
cheshiredragon
No, not really. However, I did recently watch a show(on a topic that has been discussed here before) called "Curiosity: Did God Create The Universe?" If you haven't it is a MUST SEE and to me is absolute proof that there is NO FSCKING GOD!! If you still believe that there is a god watching this; you are dumb as a brick, had god crammed down your throat since you were a child or you are delusional/complete faith that there is a God. IF you have not seen it I will put the video up on my server for D/L.

BtW, did you know that the governor of Texas, Rick Perry is running for president? If he gets elected(or in the case of Dubya, appointed) to office....we be fscked!

I am sure I'll be sticking around this time. I had to take care of some things in these last few months and the stress is finally over :nervous breakdown:

Skeeve
Welcome back CD, good to hear you're doing better.

seeker
Perry will be a disaster but we are in a situation right now where electing any republican to any office right now could be a disaster for the country.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Kowboy
seeker wrote:

Perry will be a disaster but we are in a situation right now where electing any republican to any office right now could be a disaster for the country.

Yes, Obama and the Democrats have done such a wonderful job. We need more of the same, right away.

Kowboy

seeker
Considering the disgusting way Republicans have behaved during the Obama administration its disingenuous to pretend that the problems were caused by the Obama administration.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Bob of QF
Perry is closely married to some of the extreme of the extreme fundamentalist christians groups.

If you look at the photos of his "prayer meeting" at who was closest to him during his speeches, you will see some of the most whack-job religiounistias around.

These folk make Palin and Hannity seem main-stream...

... seriously.

Perry would be a disaster of epic proportions.

Akin to Heinlen's Nehemiah Scudder...
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
As a resident of Texas, I've caught Perry's act quite a few times. A more dangerous demagogue would be hard to imagine. My first real exposure to him was in a gubernatorial debate years ago. All the other candidates responded to questions asked, but Perry launched into his trademark boilerplate every time (e.g., "Everybody wants to move to Texas"). In the most recent comments I have seen by him, he advised Obama to create jobs by eliminating "Obamacare". I'm no great fan of "Obamacare", but exactly how does that work?

Everything he says is based upon a few talking points which he repeats over and over, whether they are relevant to the matter at hand or not. His main point seems to be that he hates Washington D.C., but he wants to be President. This is the same man who wanted Texas to secede from the United States not long ago. Yikes.
Edited by catman on 09/05/2011 14:48
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
Yikes... indeed.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Jump to Forum: