View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » U.S. Politics
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Republican Crowd Boos Soldier During GOP Debate
Skeeve
This has had me pissed off all day. They're going to boo a US soldier serving in combat because they don't like teh gay? Fuck them with a rusty pitchfork.

Watch the video as Santorum ignores them and continues as if it didn't happen.

Sign on to the open letter being send to the candidates present at the debate here: http://salsa.wire...mericablog

To the Republican presidential candidates:

Each and every one of you owes our American service members an apology.

Thursday night, during the Republican presidential debate in Florida, an American soldier serving in Iraq was booed by the audience simply for saying that he was gay, and for asking a question about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Nine of you were on that stage, and none of you said a word.

After the debate, one lone candidate, Jon Huntsman, had the decency to speak out in defense of the soldier, saying: "You know, we’re all Americans, and the fact that he is an American who put on the uniform says something good about him."

This isn't about politics, it doesn't matter if you're a Republican or a Democrat, and it has nothing to do with where you stand on the issue of gays in the military. This is about showing an American service member a basic level of respect for serving this country.

We urge each of you to speak out against the disrespectful way in which soldier Stephen Hill was treated during your debate.

Sincerely,

Tanya L. Domi, former Army Captain
James E. Pietrangelo, II, former Army Captain
Brenda S. "Sue" Fulton, former Army Captain
Jonathan Hopkins, former Army Captain
Katherine Miller, former West Point cadet
John Aravosis, AMERICAblog

"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
Why do people keep electing them?
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

catman
They are what a lot of people want, I'm sorry to say. The jerks in the audience who booed keep electing them. I signed the open letter.

Jump to Forum: