View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » U.S. Politics
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
NRA's Wayne LaPierre is a loon
Skeeve
He's accusing President Obama of a "conspiracy" by NOT going after gun control legislation.

In the eyes of National Rifle Association (NRA) executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, President Barack Obama's decision not to pursue gun control legislation is a "massive conspiracy," and just another reason not to give him a second term.

"[The Obama campaign] will say gun owners -- they'll say they left them alone," LaPierre told an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Friday. "In public, he'll remind us that he's put off calls from his party to renew the Clinton [assault weapons] ban, he hasn't pushed for new gun control laws... The president will offer the Second Amendment lip service and hit the campaign trail saying he's actually been good for the Second Amendment."

"But it's a big fat stinking lie!" the NRA leader exclaimed. "It's all part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and destroy the Second Amendment in our country."

WTF?

Read full article w/ video at Crooks and Liars
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

JohnH
Weird, sometimes I miss kowboy's politics. I rarely agreed with him but he was generally rational.

Truly amazing what some right wing ding bats can get away with, a totally irrational statement and no one who agrees with them, generally, blinks an eye.

Theory_Execution
...a totally irrational statement and no one who agrees with them, generally, blinks an eye.

JohnH, you have just totally summed up the whole of politics.

More and better things could be done if people dropped their units banner when their group goes marching across the rights of others, and opted to stand in defiance of that they do not agree with.

Yet as it is, they will often hide in amongst the crowd, only pushing to the front of the hoard once they can see their ideological stomping[had stamping here initially] ground come into view.

It does upset me to see people on this website call themselves republican or democrat in this respect.

seeker
Republicans have gotten to a point in this country where it is more important to disagree with the other side than to make any sense.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Bob of QF
Skeeve wrote:

He's accusing President Obama of a "conspiracy" by NOT going after gun control legislation.

In the eyes of National Rifle Association (NRA) executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, President Barack Obama's decision not to pursue gun control legislation is a "massive conspiracy," and just another reason not to give him a second term.

"[The Obama campaign] will say gun owners -- they'll say they left them alone," LaPierre told an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Friday. "In public, he'll remind us that he's put off calls from his party to renew the Clinton [assault weapons] ban, he hasn't pushed for new gun control laws... The president will offer the Second Amendment lip service and hit the campaign trail saying he's actually been good for the Second Amendment."

"But it's a big fat stinking lie!" the NRA leader exclaimed. "It's all part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and destroy the Second Amendment in our country."

WTF?

Read full article w/ video at Crooks and Liars

These fucks are so fucking against Obama, that if The President announced one day:

"Free Oxygen for All Americans!"

These Rethuglicans would immediately try to ban oxygen...
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Jump to Forum: