View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Getting it wrong. "War on Christmas" needs better PR.
Skeeve
I have to say, this article was expressly written for low IQ christians. Anyone with schooling beyond 8th grade can see the strawmen created by the authors interchangeable use of atheist and secular.

The first paragraph shows you the tenor of the entire piece:

Atheists must be the most fragile peaches in the basket. They’re always getting bruised by the slightest exposure to public displays that remind them of Christmas, God, the Ten Commandments or, worst of all, Jesus

Look how simple it is to show who the real fragile peaches are:

Atheists Christians must be the most fragile peaches in the basket. They’re always getting bruised by the slightest exposure criticism to public displays, by governments, that remind them of Christmas, God, the Ten Commandments or, worst of all, Jesus

http://www.washin...y-rudolph/

By not defining public land, i.e. privately owned, city owned, state owned, etc..., the author attempts to create a false image, and blames atheists for persons or companies for their decisions to use secular images and language.

You can always spot a True Christian®.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
I love America's war on Christmas season, from what I know, around this time of year the christian faithful like to draw down the storm shutters, button the hatches, count the cannon and tip bromide in their tea - all ready for the battle ahead... sadly for them, it tends to be a cold war with their adversaries resident in their imaginations.

I personally think we need more holidays, and the last bastion of resistance against the ravages of government on the workers rights seems to be religious observances - they do somewhat protect our free time.

Come late December, I will be eating Heartily drinking Heavily and hanging with all the Hookers I can find - just like Jesus.

cheshiredragon
Theory_Execution wrote:

Come late December, I will be eating Heartily drinking Heavily and hanging with all the Hookers I can find - just like Jesus.

AMEN!
That's right, I said it...

Jump to Forum: