View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hi! I'm new here!
amandaatheist
Hey guys I'm new to this site it looks really wicked awesome!

Skeeve
Hi and welcome, amandaatheist! Glad you like the place.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you stumble across this corner of the net?
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
Hello Amanda!

Welcome to our shores.

catman
Welcome, amandaatheist. We're not really 'wicked' here, just godless. Grin
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

seeker
Welcome.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Hypatia
Welcome amandaatheist.

Catman wrote:

We're not really 'wicked' here, just godless. Grin

Speak for yourself. Pfft

godless and wicked here.

Cheer

Smile

Bob of QF
Whereas I cannot speak for the others?

I am certainly sinless.... being as I cannot locate any definition of sin that doesn't include supernatural shit.

Therefore, 'sin' is a "n/a" with respect to myself and anyone else who doesn't believe in supernatural woo...

... wait. That would be pretty much all of us, right?

Smile

Wicked? That depends ...

Pfft
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
Well, if by 'wicked' you mean having a wick...never mind.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

amandaatheist
Hey guys I meant Wicked as meaning totally awesome and not its literal term... I found my way on this site because I was looking for a place where people share my views... When I found this site and read the head title "Atheists Today, Living a reality-based life" I was like this is the place for me.

catman
Great to have you here. I was just funnin'. Grin

cheshiredragon
Welcome...
I would assume from Boston area?
That's right, I said it...

amandaatheist
No, I'm not from Boston I'm from Texas...

cheshiredragon
HA! so am I. Just odd, I have never heard anyone that wasn't from the Boston area use 'wicked' as a modifier to awesome. Except me...and now you...WEIRDO! Pfft

amandaatheist
HA! Being a weirdo is what I do best!

Bob of QF
amandaatheist wrote:

No, I'm not from Boston I'm from Texas...

Texas?

I'm ... sorry. I live in Oklahomer myself, and I frequently console myself that at least I don't live in Texas....

Rofl

Seriously, it's sometimes a bit awkward to live on the veritable buckle of the bible-belt, ain't it?

Smile

Theory_Execution
Yous twos are in the heart of the death star there, blow it up!

I should point out that I am in no way a Star Wars fan.

cheshiredragon
AYe, they republican beast elephant is but too strong for this young one...I don't think that was very Star Warsesqe...maybe? Dunno, I am not that kind of nerd.

Bob of QF
Theory_Execution wrote:

Yous twos are in the heart of the death star there, blow it up!

I should point out that I am in no way a Star Wars fan.

LOL!

I make fun of Texas, but.... not even every county in Texas voted Red in the last election.

Only my lovely reddest-of-the-red state has that distinction: Only in Oklahomer did every single county vote Red in the last national election...

... if I think too hard about that?

I want to cry... so I simply ignore it.

But you damn betcha I don't put anything on my vehicles in this state, that would hint at what I don't believe in....

... slashed tires would be the least of my troubles.

amandaatheist
Living in the bible-belt is annoying most of the time, I usually don't tell people that I'm an atheist unless they ask. People tend to think the worst in me and they forget that were all human and that we should do good just for the sake of it, and not because the"Bible" told us so.

catman
I live in Texas too. Most people here think atheists have horns, a pitchfork and a tail, but there are exceptions (like me).

Jump to Forum: