View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello
Supernaut
Your Chaplain is here.

Skeeve
Hello Supernaut! Glad you added us to your list of forums. Smile

Guys, Supernaut also posts at SC and TR. (Secular Cafe and Talk Rational, for those unaware)
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Supernaut
It's true! I am Chaplain of all heathen interwebs!!

amandaatheist
WELCOME!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Supernaut
Thanks Amanda!

catman
Supernaut: Welcome, I think. I'm working on whether I feel the need for a heather chaplain or not. Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Supernaut
Everyone everywhere needs a heathen Chaplain!

catman
Well, since 'heathen' changes the meaning of 'chaplain' sufficiently, you can't do any harm!

I had to take my cousin to Dallas and back from here in Fort Worth, and he is so 'spirit-filled' I can hardly stand him. He believes in 'demons' as well. He credits God with making it possible for him to beat alcoholism. I like him, but I wish he'd get a clue.

Theory_Execution
Welcome Supernaut, I haven't strayed much further than this small group on the webs (with my atheism), I find it saves me having to repeat myself.

I did have a good two year stint on a christian website trying to win hearts and minds. But eventually they found my reason and logical break down of their ideas to be offensive and I was IP banned.

I had fun there though, and I do think I helped one or two out.

seeker
Interesting, the only other heathen Chaplain I'm familiar with was this guy named Charlie and he misspelled it.

Welcome
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Hypatia
Supernaut wrote:

Your Chaplain is here.

Welcome Supernaut. Thanks for joining us.

Supernaut
catman wrote:

Well, since 'heathen' changes the meaning of 'chaplain' sufficiently, you can't do any harm!

I had to take my cousin to Dallas and back from here in Fort Worth, and he is so 'spirit-filled' I can hardly stand him. He believes in 'demons' as well. He credits God with making it possible for him to beat alcoholism. I like him, but I wish he'd get a clue.

I had a friend who's younger brother was shot in the head....extremely unfortunate situation....and said that it was god's will because his younger bro must have had a tumor in his head that the bullet removed....and blah blah...I was horrified at his rationale for the shooting.....but that seems to be the way of theism.

Supernaut
Theory_Execution wrote:

Welcome Supernaut, I haven't strayed much further than this small group on the webs (with my atheism), I find it saves me having to repeat myself.

I did have a good two year stint on a christian website trying to win hearts and minds. But eventually they found my reason and logical break down of their ideas to be offensive and I was IP banned.

I had fun there though, and I do think I helped one or two out.

As long as even one was shown the light that is reality, then I daresay mission accomplished!

Thanks for the welcome!

Supernaut
seeker wrote:

Interesting, the only other heathen Chaplain I'm familiar with was this guy named Charlie and he misspelled it.

Welcome

Haha! Thanks Seeker!Wink

catman
Supernaut wrote:I had a friend who's younger brother was shot in the head....extremely unfortunate situation....and said that it was god's will because his younger bro must have had a tumor in his head that the bullet removed....and blah blah...I was horrified at his rationale for the shooting.....but that seems to be the way of theism.

That's beyond anything my fundie cousin would say (I hope). Just for the sake of argument, even if it were God's will, removing the hypothetical tumor in that way didn't help the "patient" any. What absurd rubbish!

Supernaut
catman wrote:

Supernaut wrote:I had a friend who's younger brother was shot in the head....extremely unfortunate situation....and said that it was god's will because his younger bro must have had a tumor in his head that the bullet removed....and blah blah...I was horrified at his rationale for the shooting.....but that seems to be the way of theism.

That's beyond anything my fundie cousin would say (I hope). Just for the sake of argument, even if it were God's will, removing the hypothetical tumor in that way didn't help the "patient" any. What absurd rubbish!

Exactly, now the kid has a learning deficit. It is all beyond me. I can't possibly wrap my head around that type of thinking.

Jump to Forum: