View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » U.S. Politics
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gingrich calls bigotry for asking about his bigotry.
Skeeve
I'll paraphrase, "Boo hoo, asking us questions about gay stuff is attacking our religion."

And yet again, they attempt to hide behind the victim card.

Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich blasted moderators at a debate in New Hampshire Saturday for “anti-Christian bigotry” after they asked several of the GOP hopefuls about gay rights.

“I just want to raise a point about the news media bias,” the former House Speaker complained to ABC’s Diane Sawyer. “You don’t hear the opposite question asked.”

And Romney tried to score points on his coattails,

“As you can tell, the people in this room feel that Speaker Gingrich is absolutely right, and I do to,” Romney declared. “We have to recognize that this decision about what we call marriage has consequences which goes far beyond a loving couple wanting to form a long-term relationship, that they can do within the law now. Calling it marriage creates a whole host of problems for families, for the law, for the practice of religion, for education.”

As for his examples in the article, I could care less what the Catholic Church does, in way of providing services. As long has they're not receiving my tax dollars, they can do what they want. How fucking hard is this?
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
I am watching The West Wing, and I have just gotten to the end of president Barlets second term, and the run up to the elections is going on.

The networks stripped the electoral debate down to their two front runners, at which point one guy (excluded from the TV) decided to hold his own, and challenge the others to turn up, with rules stipulating that the questions asked must be answered before the debates will continue - that, THAT right there is how any politician-public interaction should proceed.

Hypatia
Simply not being silent is construed as attacking and crucifying.

seeker
How do people take these guys seriously? I just do not get it.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Theory_Execution
By cleverly adding the Doubting Thomas story, and all the hate against considered thought, the early church ensured any True Believer(TM) will undoubtably live their religion undoubtedly.Shrug

Jump to Forum: