View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I've been demobbed! (technically!)
Ash Pryce
Ahoy hoy

since I keep forgetting my bloody passwords General Pryce no longer exists! Also, dropped the stage name "Alex" and am back to using my real name so, hello, my name's Ash Pryce. I'm a pisces and my hobbies include trying to stick to my anti depressants, writing articles on how ghosts aren't real and trying my hand at various business ventures in a way that would make Del Boy Trotter blush!

Been busy these past few months and years or so!

I'm still doing occassional skeptic tours, but am moving into Paranormal Entertainment since developing an interest in magic. Also about to start a venture involving childrens adventure parties (Did one for a friend the other day and the kids loved it).

Hypatia
Hey GP, now (and once again) Ash Pryce, glad to see a post from you among us once again.

I don't know who Del Boy Trotter is (I'll search later, but why do I think I probably really don't need to know? lol) but it sounds like your ventures are as varied and interesting as ever. Been doing any theatre work lately? The kids parties sounds like it would be a blast and a great creative outlet.

If we don't see any more posts from you for a long period we'll wait for your next incarnation.

Smile

Skeeve
Yay, Ash! Did you use the Facebook link to re-register?

If so, did you get the COPPA page and the Terms of Agreement page?

Good to see you here again, btw. As soon as I had the new mod installed, I thought of you. Wink

eta: If you'd like your old account back, I can change your password temporarily. You can then link it to your Facebook and continue to log in that way.
Edited by Skeeve on 01/21/2012 10:20
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
Welcome back for the first time.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Cynic
Your real name is Ash and you went with Alex? Perhaps the Evil Dead series / Bruce Campbell isn't as popular over there. Smile Of course, I usually think of you as Jonathon because the name Pryce leads me right to that every time.

Bob of QF
Hey, GP!

Good to see you're still alive and kicking.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
Well, the old GP always knew how to get his kicks. Welcome back, Ash!

Theory_Execution
I am trying to standardize my presence across the interwebs, so Theory Execution has become an alter ego - he is the same as the real me in every way, but he wears glasses and general officewear.

Glad to see you back.

Ash Pryce
Hi all. Yeah the "Alex" was an odd choice of mine. I seem to recall there being legitimate reasons behind it but for the life of me can't remember what!

I do have some theatre shows lined up. Writing one at the moment for June and developing some psychic magic shows too.

Will wander around the boards here Smile

Theory_Execution
Hi all. Yeah the "Alex" was an odd choice of mine. I seem to recall there being legitimate reasons behind it but for the life of me can't remember what!

An Alex sadly passed away but left their tab open at the local store?

seeker
You couldn't find a keychain that said, 'Ash' but there were twelve of them that said, 'Alex'?
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

General-Pryce
And now I'm back using General-Pryce because I keep screwing up passwords! But I now have this one saved and stored safely Smile

I've just had confirmation that I've been accepted into the local Uni. I only did an HND (One level below a degree) previously so doing the full course this time - drama and performance!

Skeeve
Congrats, Ash
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

General-Pryce
Thanks! I've really excited. Had my fees and loans confirmed too, so going to also be a tad better off than I have been for the past few years!

seeker
At least 'til you have to pay the loans back Wink

cheshiredragon
At least he is able to get loans! I make too much to get an federal aid and have to go with private loans(which my brother warned me about) or attempt to get some grants. My job will fork over 8K a year for educational purposes, but that will only get me to an Associates Degree with around 1000$(US) total out of pocket which is attainable, but to hit the Bachelor Degree mark it goes up substantially. I'd love to get all the way up to a Doctorate in my field, but who knows how long that will take.
Best of luck to you Ash, I have always admired those in the performing arts.

Theory_Execution
It is quite incredible how much the cost of further education has shot up in the UK.

To me, an apprenticeship always spelled out a minimum wage job, during which you learn the skills of the trade. Then I found out that the people who enroll on these courses are actually paid less than minimum wage.

I was part of the last year to pay the old-old fee system. It was approximately 1400 per year of study (Bachelor mainly, some included the Masters), the year after me it jumped to 'Top-uo' fees prices at around 3000 a year, and now the price has increased to 9000 in most of the universities worth going to in the UK.

I finished with approximately 15,000 worth of bebt. The new students will finish with around 50,000. I fail to see how my country will compete on a global level when it is only the students with the richest parents that will go to university.

As a point of reference, the Netherlands charges around 1,500 a year for its courses currently. Me thinks the money not wasted on pointless wars and maintenance of worthless nuclear weapons is a contributing factor.

seeker
Be glad you aren't a student in the US. Your tuitions are still lower than ours.

Theory_Execution
I really cannot see how America can see itself as a world leader when it treats its people as it does. Just on the matter of a national health care it ranks below the UK.

cheshiredragon
Theory_Execution wrote:

I really cannot see how America can see itself as a world leader when it treats its people as it does. Just on the matter of a national health care it ranks below the UK.

It's egotistical thinking. Us rational people don't have it that is why it is hard to understand.
Remember Dubya's wife? She didn't even think there was such a thing as poor people. If you wish not to see it, then you won't see it.

As seeker is saying; the tuition here is rather high as well. My company will fork over 8,000$/yr in tuition and with about 1,000$/semester out of my pocket will get me an Associates degree(a 2yr degree) in Network/Server Administration. Then it skyrockets to almost three times that for a Bachelors degree. Dare I go for a PhD in my field?

My brother has a Bachelors degree in Music Performance and a Masters in Music Composition and he is currently 90,000$ in the hole. It's been a year since he graduated and he is still wondering how he is going to pay iy all back.

P.S. - Health care is a fucking joke. My son's mother can tell you about that. She is graduating with a Bachelors of Science in Health Administration on July 7th. She knows a shit load about how bad this health care system is. You are more than welcome to ask. Her name is Amanda Baker on my FB friends list.

Jump to Forum: