View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
One of my favorite Spam emails
Skeeve
I received this today and it has got to be one of my Top 5 emails.

Cannot find u on FaceBook anymore

BABE... i guess your not getting any of my email huh? ive been tryign to email u so many times but this dam laptop is such a piece of garbage and keeps freezing.. anyways how u been? In case u dont know who this is its ME ADRIANA.. we used to chat a bit on facebook and then I think u deleted me Sad haha.. anyways guess what... I got 2 things to tell u.. both good news.. 1) i am still married bu tired of dealing with him not giving me enough loving in bed.. ... and 2) guess where we just moved? RIGHT EFFING NEAR U..

lol... ur actually the only person im gonna know there..

I remember when we chatted u told me u thought i was cute and u wanted to chill so now we finally can HAHA! You the first guy I am going to hook up with since I decided it was time to try other guys....
im hoping this email addy is still the one you use and you can come find me at my secure email that I through this website here

anyways ive rambled on and on now and ur probably soooo annnoyed with me so ill stop now.. If you still down for being my first guy I plan cheat on my husband with... then email me here then email me here

Miss ya
Lolla

I feel sorry for the person whose life is so screwed that they fall for this scam.

Also...what are the odds that someone who has talked to a married woman named Adriana on Facebook, did have an affair AND deleted her, would receive this email?
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
I got one of these just the other day. For just a moment I thought I had amnesia.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

JohnH
I must be naive or dense or something. I cannot quite figure out from this e-mail what commercial use could be made of it.

I would assume the recipient has to respond but then what happens. It seems that any play for money off of a response would be so obvious that very, very few would go for it. About the same probability of someone giving an unknown Nigerian their bank account number without the possible reward.

I would assume no one on this board has responded to such an e-mail but maybe someone could enlighten me as to how it could be used.
Edited by JohnH on 02/25/2012 00:00

Theory_Execution
If anyone replies, then they know the email is active - even if its a 'you have the wrong person' - hence why 'she' mentioned not being sure if 'she' had the right email.

Once you reply, they bombard you with something that will eventually cause you to bite.

I know of a guy who regularly responds to spam emails such as this, and leads the people on for comedic purpose.

I like how 'her' name changes.

Skeeve
Also, I removed the links from the text. Some of these link to malicious sites that attempt to install spyware/malware to your computer when you visit.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

JohnH
Thank you TE and Skeeve, oops DW Adams, I suppose I should have realized the possibilities on my own.

I use g-mail which is quite good at recognizing spam and moving it to a separate file which one can review and delete in mass which is what I usually do. I do have one problem with g-mail. Spam which gets through their filter has to be opened to be deleted. This makes me somewhat worried about things that are activated on opening an e-mail.

TE your friend who plays with spammers has more patience than I do, I hope he is at least selective with those spammers he responds to.

Theory_Execution
The guy isn't a friend. I know of a guy. Here's the link:

http://www.27bsla...

I have been tempted, but I would need to sign up for a new email and I can't be bothered.

Jump to Forum: